DVD player

long story short , my dvd player /recorder stopped working,,,i tape programs from tv only to watch later i really dont know much about this kind of stuff and when i looked for a new one all i see is just the dvd player or just the dvd recorder do they still make a combo unit ? thanks guys for any help

Might be hard to come by since DVD's are basically obsolete. You might have to buy separate units. A player is not much money. May want to consider a DVR instead.

I'm having a hard time finding a recorder for sale, although I just checked Best Buy and Amazon. Is it possible you've overlooked the playback capability of the recorder you found? If you can share the link, it might be worth having a second set of eyes on the listing to see if playback is possible. It seems unlikely that a recorder would be unable to play back.

As Lubener said, a DVR is probably a better option these days. DVDs can only hold so much video, whereas the drives in DVRs just keep gaining capacity and becoming cheaper. Your cable company probably offers one, or you can buy one from a third party such as this one:

It sounds like a DVR would be a good fit for you. What's your budget? There are a bunch of el-cheapo $30 units that will record to an external hard drive but they're frustrating to use and program like an old VCR.

This is the top of the line unit if you don't mind spending a bit for something user friendly and reliable -

thanks guys for the info....i never thought about aa DVR ,always thought they were just for like lap tops or PC'S

It is expensive to build unique mechanical stuff these days. The demand for DVD TV show recorder is no longer there. You can go on ebay and buy a used one if you really want, or you can buy a "TiVo" like unit and just use it for that purpose, or as others said a DVR from another brand, they are all hard drive based these days.

Back