Duragloss Instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so, after looking at the Duragloss website, I have been unable to find instructions on their products. I have slight oxidation and minor scratches on our van, and would like to remove them the as much as possible. What products, and in what order would you use? Duragloss only please.....except the clay bar, which they don't seem to have. Also, best clay bar? Is their 601 PBA worth purchasing? How do you use that? Thank you.

Originally Posted By: Cooper
Okay, so, after looking at the Duragloss website, I have been unable to find instructions on their products. I have slight oxidation and minor scratches on our van, and would like to remove them the as much as possible. What products, and in what order would you use? Duragloss only please.....except the clay bar, which they don't seem to have. Also, best clay bar? Is their 601 PBA worth purchasing? How do you use that? Thank you.

Try this link on auto geek. Click on the product you are interested in.
http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss.html

Bought a bottle of 601 PBA on Sat and tried to get the 105 wax which they didn't have. Use the 101 I had on hand. Weird putting 101 on top of 601 like rubbing ice on ice.

I like Blue Magic for the clay...around $12 at autozone/aa.

I was impressed with the #671 Swirl Remover. It also contains a sealant for protection. Then top with Aquawax 24 hours later to boost the protection. The #671 is similiar to the #101 but has added polishing agents. Makes quick work of removing spider webbing. All the Duragloss products are easy to use. Many of them say you can use them in full sunlight. Just read the directions on the box and your all set. Apply with some polishing pads that you can get at walmart(not the best) or go to www.autogeek.net(much better). Then a few plush microfibers to buff off. I even like the DG shampoo for around $6. Great sheeting action.

I have not used the #671, but I have used #652 - and liked the results.

I think the #652 is a little stouter, in terms of correction, but it doesn't have any sealer - so would need to sealed after using.

In theory, since you'd have the finish cleaned up, you could use the #111, which has hardly any cleaners.

Used the #601 for the first time this spring, mainly on horizontal surfaces, and so far seems to be holding up well(better).

Last edited:
I know you mentioned, "Duragloss-only", and I am a fanboy. However, Duragloss isn't the ideal product used for "correction". Their specialty is "protection". 501 might work OK for removing minor oxidation. Their all-in-one products have chemical cleaners -- which won't do much for removing swirls/scratches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back