Duracell Platinum AGM vs Ultra Platinum AGM

Honestly who really cares, I sure don't. I understand the theory but realistically I have more than enough work to do than be bothered baby sitting batteries, When its dead it gets replaced that's about it. If someone want to play with the battery as a hobby that all and good, I have no problems with that.

The point is today given the current situation many cars do not get much use, new cars, old cars, loaded cars, vehicles of all sorts and equipment levels yet the vast majority are starting under their own power even after weeks of sitting,

Honestly who really cares, I sure don't. I understand the theory but realistically I have more than enough work to do than be bothered baby sitting batteries, When its dead it gets replaced that's about it. If someone want to play with the battery as a hobby that all and good, I have no problems with that.

The point is today given the current situation many cars do not get much use, new cars, old cars, loaded cars, vehicles of all sorts and equipment levels yet the vast majority are starting under their own power even after weeks of sitting,
Its not uncommon for boats to start in the spring on a battery kept in boat over the winter (disconnected). No charger. Most marinas will not allow the boat to have AC power going to it over the winter. Maybe if you are sitting there but not connected for the entire winter.

The battery being cold most of the winter does not lose as much in self-discharge as it would if the weather was warm/hot. And of course when you want to start the boat its warm again.

So 10 hours of being held at 14.7v was not enough to fully charge the battery, after it still had barely enough juice to start the engine and was then driven for over an hour. Several more hours held at 13.6 were required, and to my surprise actually did fully charge the battery.

When I leave my smart charger to float at 13.6v for a day or so, the car always seems to start up stronger compared to ending charging when the charger says it's done.

Back