Durablend in a 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, im a new member here although I have been reading just about every post for about 6 months , great stuff. Anyway, im looking for some free advice, I recently had a complete rebuild on my 5.0 T-Bird and had been using Formula Shell 10w-30. After winter ended, I changed to Valvoline Durablend 10w-30. What was noticeable almost immediately was that the lifters were much quieter now. Question is , is this a indication of a better oil ? or any suggestion to another oil would be welcome , im looking for the best oil for my car. I read that Valvoline oils get a bad rap because of a 'weak' additive package but in a article i read the author stated that less additives are better. Again, im not a expert just want to get the best i can for my car .Any opinions are welcome. Thanks.

Generally speaking, if things quieted down after changing it probably was a good change, or at the least, an upgrade from the previous oil. Of course analysis would tell you for sure, but the simple sounds better test works to an extent too.

I've had two analysis done with Durablend - both were in F150's with the 4.6l and 4,000 miles. One looked great - Excellent TBN, solid 30 weight, and good wear numbers. Good enough that this change is going to 5,000 miles. The other in the higher mileage, non garaged, more short trip truck was OK. The oil was done after 4,000 miles though, but wear was good to that point. Both TBN and viscosity were trashed.

I'll have three more analysis coming, but you have to be a little patient. All are Valvoline Durablend 5w30.

Oh -
welcome.gif
as a member!

[ April 10, 2003, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: MNgopher ]

yes i remember reading about your trucks, that was one of the reasons that i went to Durablend. I always wanted to try Durablend but Valvoline gets such a bad rap here i was a little concerned about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back