Dunny Rolls are scarce downunder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My town is empty of Dunny Rolls...

Literally, and the tissues are nearly gone also.

The compulsory quarantine, detention, and mediaction legislation is now in place, and people are panic buying...like nothing ever seen before in Oz...Y2K...what was that ???

Bought some ingredients for dinner on the way home from work at ALDI...all the bog rolls - gone, all the dried pasta - also gone...a bit of a run on the UHT milks of various persuasions, the perishable milk obviously isn't going to last long when they weld your front door shut.

Please, this isn't political, it's testament to the human mindset...

I walked past piles and piles of catalogues of a store devoid of loo paper....reminding myself that as a kid, there were squares of torn up newspaper next to the long drop at Nana's place.

I went shopping yesterday. No more toilet paper , hand sanitizer, or bottled water. Instant ramen soup was going quick. Masks were gone too.

Had to look it up. I thought maybe Dunny Rolls were like Rolo Bars.
smile.gif
I'll be checking out Walmart today. At least I have enough motor oil and filters.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
proof that the news media and or government can control the population

I never can never understand why people don't already have emergency supplies around the house. Then when a threat seems imminent to go absolutely insane hoarding anything they can put into a cart. We see it every year in Florida when a hurricane gets close.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Had to look it up. I thought maybe Dunny Rolls were like Rolo Bars.
smile.gif
I'll be checking out Walmart today. At least I have enough motor oil and filters.
laugh.gif

Great point...I need to create a Mad Max style garage, offering M1, M2, and M3 (number of uses of said oil) changes in exchange for viable shotgun cartrdiges...I have a plan.

A bit the same here. More toilet roll gone than food.

I don't get it, seems like most people have a weeks worth of food but 3 months worth of bog roll.

Everybody wants to starve to death with a clean date.

Originally Posted by SR5
A bit the same here. More toilet roll gone than food.

I don't get it, seems like most people have a weeks worth of food but 3 months worth of bog roll.

Everybody wants to starve to death with a clean date.

Unprepared people don't suddenly start making good decisions when the pressure mounts.

Whats a Dunny Roll?
Oops, just google "images" I guess that is toilet paper in Australia.

Yes, the sky is falling, the end of the world is coming, so why then are people running to the stores and buying everything up?
90% of the population is corralled by the top 10% who can reason and think. (and make money off the 90%)

smirk2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FT92
proof that the news media and or government can control the population

The news media gave up reporting news a long time ago.

OK, turns out there was a (false) rumour circulating that all the date roll was made in China and soon the country would run out and we'd be forced to use gum leaves or something.

However, lots of local suppliers and nothing to worry about.

Originally Posted by Shannow
My town is empty of Dunny Rolls...

Literally, and the tissues are nearly gone also.

The compulsory quarantine, detention, and mediaction legislation is now in place, and people are panic buying...like nothing ever seen before in Oz...Y2K...what was that ???

Bought some ingredients for dinner on the way home from work at ALDI...all the bog rolls - gone, all the dried pasta - also gone...a bit of a run on the UHT milks of various persuasions, the perishable milk obviously isn't going to last long when they weld your front door shut.

Please, this isn't political, it's testament to the human mindset...

I walked past piles and piles of catalogues of a store devoid of loo paper....reminding myself that as a kid, there were squares of torn up newspaper next to the long drop at Nana's place.

Nice story!

Questions for you and SR5:
-how many of your neighbors can open the garage doors if power is out?
-how many can change a tire if needed?

Originally Posted by pandus13

Questions for you and SR5:
-how many of your neighbors can open the garage doors if power is out?
-how many can change a tire if needed?

Most here could open their garage door as few are electric, so they get to practice the manual art every day, or just leave it open.

For spare tyres, my hatred is space saver tyres and lightweight car jacks. Most here are handy enough (Engineer next door) if given a real spare, but I would probably help the single mum on the other side.

But I live a bit out, in the green belt now days. Previously I lived inner city, many there were less capable, but would bring me a nicely mixed and refreshing cocktail as I did the manual labour for then.

When I was a kin , my Grandparents , on Dad's side , lived on a farm . Windmill & overhead tank for water . To the kitchen , only . No water heater .

They had an out house with a Sears & Roebuck catalog for paper .

Dad was an electricians mate in the Navy , WWII . After the war , he wired the house for electricity .

They had clay back heaters they used in the winter . Propane tank for fuel . May have had a swamp cooler , or may not ? For use in the summer .

I know many of my neighbors can not change tires the come and knock on my door. They also can not plug a tire. They do not even know where their spare is and often the trunk has so much stuff in it just getting down to their flat spare is a challenge.

The debris haul away from the last twister left a few roofing nails on the road. they are the worst.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Chuck Norris uses 80 grit sandpaper.
laugh.gif

So do I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back