Dunlop Rover RVXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here run them & comments?

I see them as a decent tire for the money (compared to MN LTX M&S, BFG AT KO etc) and it does have a severe service winter marking which is interesting.

I run them and so far I love them. I only have 5000km on them but so far I am impressed. I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. The tire size is a P235/75/15. I had to replace the first set due to vibration. My new set is fine. These tires are the best AT tire I have ever owned. They are quiet, ride good, handle good, and traction is extreme! I have tried them in most conditions and they work excellent for an AT tire. I was in about 4 inches of slick mud and just walked right through it in two wheel drive. I have owned Cooper At's, BFG At's, UniroyalAWT, and Goodyear RTS. These are the best I have owned! Now as far as mileage I can't comment. For the price, I wouldn't hesitate. You won't be dissapointed.

I ran the Radial Rover AT's, different but I think from similar family tree as far as price goes, so I am not sure how comparible they are, but a lower priced Dunlop for sure. Anyway, I loved them the first 20K, then they stated wearing very fast. Hope you have excellent luck with them, I have just been soured on the lower end Dunlop's due to the fast wear.

I had a set I purchased from Tirerack, size 265/70 X 16. I liked the tread pattern and it looked like a good tire for the money plus they're made in the USA.

Unfortunately, I never could get them balanced properly. It was impossible to get the road force down on two of the four tires. The 4Runners seem to be very picky about tire balance and with the high road force I had a lot of vibration I just couldn't deal with.

I returned them and got Bridgestone Revo's. The Bridgetones are great tires, better than the Dunlops but more expensive too. The whole deal was disappointing. Dunlop is owned by Goodyear who is the last of the American tire companies. I'd love to be able to buy something made here that was a superior product.

I may yet try another set on my kid's Pathfinder. They don't seem to be as picky about balance and roadforce as the Toyotas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back