Dumbest Facebook post ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/dumbest-facebook-post-ever-170100535.html

An Oregon teenager has landed himself in the county jail for what must be one of the dumbest Facebook gaffes ever: posting about his drunk-driving hit-and-run escapade.

"Drivin drunk ... classsic
wink.gif
but to whoever's vehicle i hit i am sorry. :p" was the early-morning post that quickly led to the at-home arrest of Jacob Cox-Brown in the Oregon-coast city of Astoria, reports the Daily Astorian.

Upon reading Cox-Brown's post, two of the 18-year-old's Facebook friends contacted the Astoria Police Department to report it; it became vital information after two officers responded to a 1am report of a hit-and-run, which left a white Scion plus an adjacent vehicle damaged in their parking spots.

I'm starting to like Facebook if its actually succeeding in catching criminals. Stupid, stupid criminals but, hey, its getting the job done.

Originally Posted By: RiceCake
I'm starting to like Facebook if its actually succeeding in catching criminals. Stupid, stupid criminals but, hey, its getting the job done.

+1

Yeah, this one is up there with the people who call the cops about having their drugs stolen. Or drive drunk to the police station to pick something up. Or get multiple DWIs in one night.

Originally Posted By: VicVinegar
Yeah, this one is up there with the people who call the cops about having their drugs stolen. Or drive drunk to the police station to pick something up. Or get multiple DWIs in one night.

The drug ones are hysterical.

Quote:

99.9% of Facebook content is worthless -- this one definitely falls in the other 0.1%.

happy2.gif
banana2.gif
thankyou2.gif
13.gif
36.gif
28.gif
hooked.gif
20.gif

THIS!^^^^^^^^^^^

I think anyone that has a fb page using their own name and details is among the dumbest ever. There are legions of dummies in the human race.

Last edited:
I was going to post the same thing.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Quote:

99.9% of Facebook content is worthless -- this one definitely falls in the other 0.1%.

happy2.gif
banana2.gif
thankyou2.gif
13.gif
36.gif
28.gif
hooked.gif
20.gif

THIS!^^^^^^^^^^^

I think anyone that has a fb page using their own name and details is among the dumbest ever. There are legions of dummies in the human race.

June 12 2012 we got burgled, and next month was going to be disciplined for running up a huge phone bill on work phone...turned out $400 was racked up between 2:06 AM on the morning of the burglary, and 7:45 when I realised that we were robbed and I cancelled the service. (Work were satisfied that I'd cancelled the phone the second that I knew it was gone, and forgave).

Anyway, a teacher at the High School rang and told us of some playground gossip, that a former student living a fair way away would catch the train on Sat Arv, party until the pubs closed at 3AM, then catch the 4:something A.M. train back to his new abode.

I facebooked the bloke, and he was yacking (in public) about parties, trains, friends in jail, which jail that he wanted to go to (other crimes).

I got the phone utilisation records, identified that after he range all the credit card balances etc., he called the train company timetable service a few times, then the phone use started moving down the mountains, terminating in his new town (as per his FB details), about half an hour before I killed the service.

Took the printouts of the FB stuff, and the phone records to the Police, and was told that it was too circumstantial.

Facebook is probably a decent idea for keeping in touch with friends and relatives, but it seems like people don't understand that what you post there can come back to bite you. Not really the place you want to let everybody know all the stupid, and especially illegal, things you do.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
June 12 2012 we got burgled, and next month was going to be disciplined for running up a huge phone bill on work phone...turned out $400 was racked up between 2:06 AM on the morning of the burglary, and 7:45 when I realised that we were robbed and I cancelled the service. (Work were satisfied that I'd cancelled the phone the second that I knew it was gone, and forgave).

Anyway, a teacher at the High School rang and told us of some playground gossip, that a former student living a fair way away would catch the train on Sat Arv, party until the pubs closed at 3AM, then catch the 4:something A.M. train back to his new abode.

I facebooked the bloke, and he was yacking (in public) about parties, trains, friends in jail, which jail that he wanted to go to (other crimes).

I got the phone utilisation records, identified that after he range all the credit card balances etc., he called the train company timetable service a few times, then the phone use started moving down the mountains, terminating in his new town (as per his FB details), about half an hour before I killed the service.

Took the printouts of the FB stuff, and the phone records to the Police, and was told that it was too circumstantial.

Too bad it didn't work out for you, but the internet is great for this stuff.

In college I had some new guy move into our suite (3 2-bedroom rooms with a common area) while I was away at home for the weekend. I apparently left a credit card statement out. The 5 other guys I lived with wouldn't have touched it, but apparently someone else did. I saw the charges and was unsure how it happened. So I called the website he bought from and they told me what the order was and where it was sent. I googled the address and was able to find the name. Guess who sent their new jeans to their HOME address, where their parents had the same last name?

I called the campus police (who were "real" police), explained what I had found and they were willing to come question him. They just said to call them when he came back to the room. So I call, they come by and talk to him for an hour, and then lead him out in cuffs. Charged with a felony because it was a credit card being used across state lines. I'm sure it was reduced later, but still. Justice for me I guess. Needless to say, the next time I saw him was when he came to the room to pack his stuff because he was banned from student housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back