Dumb parking question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the dumb question. But would parking like this every night on the curb be bad for suspension? It's like 5 inches tall and it's a gradual curb. Thanks.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by PowerSurge
No. Can't say the same for the grass though.

I agree.

The car itself is under no strain due to being up like that, probably not much more of an angle than having the pass tires where they are supped to be on the street.
I would be more worried about getting a ticket. Most places that is illegal parking.

Originally Posted by blupupher
I would be more worried about getting a ticket. Most places that is illegal parking.

Wow really? I never knew that. Even if it's in front of your house?

Parking law doesn't make a distinction if it's your house or not. Kind of inconsiderate to park like that, it looks low class since you have a big driveway and 2 car garage.

I'm confused. Why are you parking like that? Why not park in the driveway? Sounds like my area. everyone parks in front of their house because they have a 120ft driveway only wide enough to get one car by at a time.

Originally Posted by PhuongFU

It's not your own street, sidewalk and lawn in between.

Wow!

I agree.

The car itself is under no strain due to being up like that, probably not much more of an angle than having the pass tires where they are supped to be on the street.

+1 on all counts.

How about parking in the street or driveway like you're supposed to and not worry about your suspension? Your neighbor hood would look like gasoline alley if everyone pulled that stunt.

Originally Posted by Aredeeem
How about parking in the street or driveway like you're supposed to and not worry about your suspension? Your neighbor hood would look like gasoline alley if everyone pulled that stunt.

Um probably cuz there's a reason why I can't park in the driveway. And other neighbors already park like that. But hey thanks for all your help. So appreciated.

Originally Posted by OilReport99

I agree.

It's not your own street, sidewalk and lawn in between.

Wow!

Wow thanks for all your help man! Wow you're so awesome. NOT.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
I'm confused. Why are you parking like that? Why not park in the driveway? Sounds like my area. everyone parks in front of their house because they have a 120ft driveway only wide enough to get one car by at a time.

Yeah pretty much no room in the drive way. My street is actually a small subdivision with narrow roads. No through traffic, only traffic are from residents. Other cars park like that too so I thought it was fine. I asked cuz it's a narrow street and I don't wanna block it. thanks for answering without being sarcastic. You can tell the people who have ex wife problems on here, I pity the fool.

Originally Posted by dishdude
Parking law doesn't make a distinction if it's your house or not. Kind of inconsiderate to park like that, it looks low class since you have a big driveway and 2 car garage.

How do you know what my driveway looks like and how many cars in it if it's not in the picture? Also who is it inconsiderate to? Yes it does look tacky. But hey thanks for all the help so appreciated man.

I guess I'll move it to the left 1.5 foot since it's illegal, which I didn't know. Thanks for all the help, enjoy your retirement, try not to be so miserable.

Yeah pretty much no room in the drive way. My street is actually a small subdivision with narrow roads. No through traffic, only traffic are from residents. Other cars park like that too so I thought it was fine. I asked cuz it's a narrow street and I don't wanna block it. thanks for answering without being sarcastic. You can tell the people who have ex wife problems on here, I pity the fool.

Theres no "mechanical" issue as far as potential vehicle damage goes.

That said, every state owns "right of way" on public roads ( depending on the state that can go into housing developments depending on who maintains the road in your specific area- may be a HOA)

So there "could be" a law, ordinance or covenant violation so that probably should be looked into

Originally Posted by ABN_CBT_ENGR
Theres no "mechanical" issue as far as potential vehicle damage goes.

That said, every state owns "right of way" on public roads ( depending on the state that can go into housing developments depending on who maintains the road in your specific area- may be a HOA)

So there "could be" a law, ordinance or covenant violation so that probably should be looked into

Thank you for your answer. I'll just park in the street to be safe. I have a question though, so let's say there is no curb or side walk, it's just front yard grass to street. Would it be ok then?

Thank you for your answer. I'll just park in the street to be safe. I have a question though, so let's say there is no curb or side walk, it's just front yard grass to street. Would it be ok then?

Still applies, I have both a highway and power line splitting my properties (and a RR on my wife's inherited property)

Even though we own title, that right of way still applies. It really and truly depends on the law specifically of the state you are in and any local governing ordinance.

It might be "ok" today and even the police don't care until there is an accident or incident then someone dusts off the law- it may not be "ok" then. "OK" and "legal" are often different and 100 percent opposed.

My recommendation is to get a real estate attorney or possibly a realtor to answer you specifically where you live or contact the local zoning/planning commission

It's not going to hurt anything, and if you don't get cited (around here it would take someone complaining, the police don't care) I guess it's OK. Just doesn't look great, and pretty hard on the grass. In my neighborhood I don't own the sidewalk, grass strip, curb, nor the outer 2 feet of my yard, that's all city property. I sure get to cut it all, though.

I have a question though, so let's say there is no curb or side walk, it's just front yard grass to street. Would it be ok then?

There are some streets in my neighborhood that have no grass strip, paved street to sidewalk, and people park on them all the time. It just depends on what your town wants to do, I've lived places that were anal about EVERYTHING! The house I grew up in had no sidewalk, and we had gravel mixed with grass at the edge of the street, we usually parked there, but the police would occasionally not like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back