Dumb parking question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ABN_CBT_ENGR

I am no fan of HOA's and a hard core individual rights supporter ( and the Constitution) and don't like restrictions in general but in all honesty, you didn't "give up" your rights if you bought a house covered by one- you technically "sold" them for a price and as a result are bound by them as a legitimate agreement.

Assuming compliance with all laws such as discrimination, state laws etc...….

As the private entity owner- they have the "right" to impose and negotiate terms and conditions in a contract

As the free citizen- they have the "right" to accept, re-negotiate or walk away.

Once the agreement is signed, its binding

I cannot see that scenario as "anti" USA, Constitution or BOR

Don't go using facts and logic here. Nobody wants that.

I think everything that could be said has been covered.

The OP was asking about harm to his car.

And we're going into legal opinion now, so let's be happy with the OP getting his answer and locking it here before we wander into BITOG disallowed topics...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ABN_CBT_ENGR

It might be "ok" today and even the police don't care until there is an accident or incident then someone dusts off the law- it may not be "ok" then. "OK" and "legal" are often different and 100 percent opposed.

My recommendation is to get a real estate attorney or possibly a realtor to answer you specifically where you live or contact the local zoning/planning commission

The local planning/zoning commission will simply tell you what the zoning restrictions are.

Without getting into legalities here, which is discouraged on BITOG, most communities have what is known as a "Board of Adjustments" to interpret planning and zoning restrictions when zoning rules are contested. (I know, as i am a member of a "Board of Adjustments" in my municipality). This board is composed of county and municipality zoning/planning members, and knowledge experts for the specific issue.

If you have a zoning/planning issue, the proper procedure is to submit your issue to the "Board of Adjustments" and have them make a decision on the specific zoning rules in question.

If you have a street and parking question, the proper procedure is to go to your Municipalities office and and ask for a copy of those rules; Most of these rules are available via the Municipality's internet website since most states have open meeting and transparency statutes.

If you have a HOA issue, get a copy of the HOA rules and find out what you agreed to. if you disagree with them, then obtain a qualified representative to represent you before the HOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back