Ducted fuel injector

Anyone do any reading on this??? It seems the tech has been tested since 2019 on diesel engines, however nothing has hit the market.

50 to 100 percent reduction in soot, better spray pattern and 40-60 percent improvement in engine efficiency.

Will they let this tech come forward, or is the push for the fairy tale of electric vehicles going to kill this tech.

Anyone do any reading on this??? It seems the tech has been tested since 2019 on diesel engines, however nothing has hit the market.

50 to 100 percent reduction in soot, better spray pattern and 40-60 percent improvement in engine efficiency.

Will they let this tech come forward, or is the push for the fairy tale of electric vehicles going to kill this tech.
Where did you hear 40-60% engine efficiency improvement? That would be pretty hard to come by.

The last sentence is sort of illogical since this is not some holy grail that is going to eliminate the main issue (that people seem to be focusing on) with internal combustion engines which is greenhouse gas emissions.

Sure, I could see it making exhaust aftertreatment devices simpler or even redundant and/or cleaner emissions as it pertains to NOx and particulates. But some kind of magic bullet for all the problems that ail IC engines, it most definitiely is not. That said, innovation is a good thing, and if it has merit and can be implemented cost effectively, it will probably come to market if the return on investment math works out. I don't see heavy duty diesel engines going away anytime soon.

I need to come up with some money grab idea to get the U.S. Dept of Energy to fund my scientific project for as long as I can milk it.

Where did you hear 40-60% engine efficiency improvement? That would be pretty hard to come by.

The last sentence is sort of illogical since this is not some holy grail that is going to eliminate the main issue (that people seem to be focusing on) with internal combustion engines which is greenhouse gas emissions.

Sure, I could see it making exhaust aftertreatment devices simpler or even redundant and/or cleaner emissions as it pertains to NOx and particulates. But some kind of magic bullet for all the problems that ail IC engines, it most definitiely is not. That said, innovation is a good thing, and if it has merit and can be implemented cost effectively, it will probably come to market if the return on investment math works out. I don't see heavy duty diesel engines going away anytime soon.
There is no holy grail that's going to eliminate gge. It's certainly not electric motors and batteries.

IMHO, if this can eliminate DPF, DEF, Cat converters, it would go a long way to eliminate gge that comes from producing the listed above. Takes a bunch of rare materials to create a cat.

I need to come up with some money grab idea to get the U.S. Dept of Energy to fund my scientific project for as long as I can milk it.
Except this is tested in Europe by a few diesel engine manufacturers. The claims have been validated.

That looks awfully complicated to get into a combustion chamber, and live a long life. I'd imagine you'll see it in the big ship/train engines way before it comes to anything smaller. Engines that they are used to maintaining on a regular basis as opposed to Karen's VW that is lucky if it gets oil changes.

Honestly, anyone do any reading/research on this, or just shooting from the hip with ignorant and unresearched comments???

@92saturnsl2 BTW, did a bit more reading, 90 to 100 percent reduction in Nox.

@skyactiv you can come up with any money grab idea you want. I don't think you'll be successful, although you succeed in showing your ignorance in your reply without 1oz of research. No worries about a money grab from these guys as a little company known as FORD gave these guys a HUGE grant for research in exchange for their tech. Mind you, a few governments are backing these guys.

That looks awfully complicated to get into a combustion chamber, and live a long life. I'd imagine you'll see it in the big ship/train engines way before it comes to anything smaller. Engines that they are used to maintaining on a regular basis as opposed to Karen's VW that is lucky if it gets oil changes.

Everything looks complicated and bulky in r&d form. I believe this tech is going to make diesel engines the future of ice.

Back