Drydene oils

remember that brand as being very good, but heard nothing about it for years

Drydene used to be a family owned business with a production plant in Baltimore. The family foundation was a major supporter of Maryland Public TV.
I used their oils back in the 1980s/90s? Then they just disappeared.

Edit: I don't know how the new company pronounces it, but it used to be pronounced Dry-Den, not Dry-deen.

Drydene used to be a family owned business with a production plant in Baltimore. The family foundation was a major supporter of Maryland Public TV.
I used their oils back in the 1980s/90s? Then they just disappeared.

Edit: I don't know how the new company pronounces it, but it used to be pronounced Dry-Den, not Dry-deen.
Exactly..i used to ride by their distro center on route 40 going to Baltimore.

I wonder how this compares to M1 15W-50?

I don't know how the new company pronounces it, but it used to be pronounced Dry-Den, not Dry-deen.
Back in the day, Dry-deen was a product of Dry-den Company. Castrol acquired them, and kept the brand for several years before it disappeared in the '90s, maybe.
The Drydene brand is now back, and like many of the old time brands, their current company has little or nothing to do with its origins.

I wonder how this compares to M1 15W-50?
It's gotta even more ZDDP than Valvoline VR1, but compared to VR1 or Mobil 1, I don't see anything about TBN, is this a racing racing oil or a "racing" oil like VR1?

Back