Dry Ice undercarriage cleaning....anyone familiar?

I have an old car I've had for years.
I'd like to clean up the undercarriage and wheel wells of my ride, especially clearing away any/all undercar rubberized coatings that might be hiding rust. I'd like to be able to hit all the areas with fluid film on a regular basis (car is stored 98% of the time) to preserve what's left.

They change about 1400 for one "bin" and 2400 for two "bins" (I have no idea what that refers to).
This is the place I'm considering. They seem to get good reviews from what I've found online.
Anything i should look out for? any specific questions I should be asking?

thanks in advance

I don’t know if it’s powerful enough to remove undercoating. I’ve only seen videos of it removing dirt from undercoating

There's a YT video channel called Sarah-n-Tuned.
She recenly has done some dry-ice blasting of various things including under an older car chassis.
I won't link the video because she tends to curse, and occasionally makes some funny but colorful jokes, but you should have no problems finding it on her channel ...

We have big electric motors dry ice blasted and it is quite amazing what it will clean. This method is great for something that won’t tolerate any damage. From what I’ve seen, it would probably remove at least a decent amount of tarry undercoating but would be expensive.

I have an old car I've had for years.
I'd like to clean up the undercarriage and wheel wells of my ride, especially clearing away any/all undercar rubberized coatings that might be hiding rust. I'd like to be able to hit all the areas with fluid film on a regular basis (car is stored 98% of the time) to preserve what's left.

They change about 1400 for one "bin" and 2400 for two "bins" (I have no idea what that refers to).
This is the place I'm considering. They seem to get good reviews from what I've found online.
Anything i should look out for? any specific questions I should be asking?

thanks in advance

We have big electric motors dry ice blasted and it is quite amazing what it will clean. This method is great for something that won’t tolerate any damage. From what I’ve seen, it would probably remove at least a decent amount of tarry undercoating but would be expensive.
Yeah, the quotes I've gotten were between 1700 and 2500 for the undercarriage and wheelwells.
o_O

I first learned of the technique after coming across this video, and it does seem very enticing. Look at the way it cleans that finned oil pan. Good luck attcking that with a brush. I'm jealous.

The "bins" probably refer to the amount of dry ice they consume.

Back