Drove a late-model Ford Mustang GT 5.0 stick today

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a brief time. Low miles, very clean. Stick shift manual. Love the exhaust note. Monster torque. I was in it a brief time, however, I was impressed!

What are other opinions of this car?

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
For a brief time. Low miles, very clean. Stick shift manual. Love the exhaust note. Monster torque. I was in it a brief time, however, I was impressed!

Nice. I bet it was wicked fast.

A couple of years ago I test drove a brand new GT Premium with three pedals. My wife was absolutely certain that I was going to buy it on the spot. Instead, I was completely underwhelmed- it had adequate power, but the steering was wooly, the handling was average, and the lack of Brembos was the final nail in the coffin. I later talked with several of my fellow track instructors about my impressions and the consensus was that the only Mustang that would be likely to keep me entertained would be the Boss 302- which I have yet to drive.

I'm certainly not saying that it's a bad car, but it just didn't come remotely close to giving me that "Gotta Have It!" vibe...

I understand the new 2015 mustangs are a different car, almost sports car like in steering and handling. They changed steering and went to independent rear suspension.

What year??

Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner
I understand the new 2015 mustangs are a different car, almost sports car like in steering and handling. They changed steering and went to independent rear suspension.

I do want to try a 2015; the problem is that the car stickers for over $41k equipped with the Performance Pack and the upgraded audio system- which are mandatory options for me.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger

Nice. I bet it was wicked fast.

!!!!

Had to refrain from spinning tires......

Originally Posted By: Turk

What year??

Unsure. Worked an auto action today. Drove several really nice cars. Separate post coming..

Shaker audio (?) and seemingly all options... I would have to look at models, but, "the new 5.0." As they look now. When did they come out??

Was at auction, auctioneer said "structural damage" and I got to park it back in Lot 12. But that powertrain was A1. Boy..............

A linkage kit gives the MT82 a much better feel. I have driven them with and without.

I want one with silver paint, black carpet, and red leather seats.
smile.gif

I have a 2014 Mustang GT with the automatic and really like the car. In stock form it has plenty of power for me and with my GT500 exhaust, it sounds great as well.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I want one with silver paint, black carpet, and red leather seats.
smile.gif

LOVE the red leather!!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Michael_P
A linkage kit gives the MT82 a much better feel. I have driven them with and without.

Glad you said that. 1st gear felt really short and jerky to me.

I had it in 2nd real quick. Solved that...

From memory, before I forget:

Saw:

- A Maserati.
- A Cadillac DeVille Stretch Limousine.

Drove:

- BMW 650i
- BMW 750Li
- Audi A4 2.0 Quattro
- 2003 Infiniti G35, 70,000 miles - twice.
- Acura TL.
- Chevrolet Suburban. (Had to be jumped)

This, from memory...

Carry on.

Did you actually drive this car on the road or just move it around in a parking lot? It sounds like you were driving them through the "runs and drives" line at an IAA auction.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Did you actually drive this car on the road or just move it around in a parking lot? It sounds like you were driving them through the "runs and drives" line at an IAA auction.

Yes. "Asera," I believe. Manville, NJ...

Unsure. Worked an auto action today. Drove several really nice cars. Separate post coming..

scarjo_popcorn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back