Drove a 2021 mazda 6 turbo

The 6 is a bit more cramped than Accord or Camry but drives better!
Will be redone soon and maybe have the new inline 6..I’m waiting...
We can always hope for a manual transmission to go with that inline 6. They could sell a bunch.

A few years ago I test drove a Mazda 6 with a manual transmission. It was a nice car - should have bought one.

Just like the rest have said, it is on a smaller size to Accord or Camry but beyond that an excellent vehicle

another drawback, it doesn't hold value on the used market, so there is that perception out there of a lower quality car; also M6 is not car for masses, so if you want to be a different, its a car for you

We bought a new 73 RX2 with a 4 speed and it was a hoot. 120 mph was no problem and all you could hear was road/wind noise. I remember the ad, "piston engine goes boing, ,boing, boing Mazda goes hmmmmmmmmm!"
Wasn't the best gas mileage. Only problem I had was it would jump into neutral at a stop occasionally and I would think someone tapped me from behind.

An '18+ 6 is on my radar within the next few years. Never was when this generation first dropped but now with the turbo providing an option with descent power I'm interested. I just wish they offered the stick on the upper trims and not just the base model. Otherwise, the severed relationship with Ford has done wonders for the brand.

Dang that's a nice sedan and my 1st time ever driving a mazda...I've driven a newer fusion, accord, camry, malibu and sonata.

That had the best driving dynamics if that makes sense. I might be a mazda fan now.
Only reason I didn't get a 6 was it didn't come with AWD. That said, I absolutely love my CX-5. So much fun to drive. Got on a good open stretch of road this past weekend with someone in a recent MY Mazda6.

We weren't racing in any way, but we sure weren't being shy with the gas pedal and keeping pace with each other.

Only reason I didn't get a 6 was it didn't come with AWD. That said, I absolutely love my CX-5. So much fun to drive. Got on a good open stretch of road this past weekend with someone in a recent MY Mazda6.

We weren't racing in any way, but we sure weren't being shy with the gas pedal and keeping pace with each other.
The turbo CX5 is awesome, for what it is. I have it on good authority that it will crush a 2015 Camaro RS, lol!

That said, based on my experiences and then this video, I'd say the Mazda 6 would ever so EVER so slightly crawl off on a CX5 turbo, maybe. It looks like its experience with the Camry TRD was very very similar to what I've seen from them. The TRD's actually look kinda decent in person.

Last edited:
The turbo CX5 is awesome, for what it is. I have it on good authority that it will crush a 2015 Camaro RS, lol!

That said, based on my experiences and then this video, I'd say the Mazda 6 would ever so EVER so slightly crawl off on a CX5 turbo, maybe. It looks like its experience with the Camry TRD was very very similar to what I've seen from them. The TRD's actually look kinda decent in person.

I couldn't quite afford the turbo, and given that I've been having a lot of fun driving the NA version, it may be better in the end that I couldn't do so. ;-)

Back