Dropbox

I hate drop box. Don't use it yet every single time I have a picture of a baby (that I don't know) on my tablet. Can't delete, can't hide it, can't do anything...

They claim the password leak was through a third party service. I love dropbox, it's great! I'll go ahead and change my password even though I use two step verification.

I dropped dropbox for google drive. Much better service for the price. Drobbox was nice when I had 56gb of free space for the samsung promotion.

The only thing I use it for is automatic upload of my pictures as I take them with my phone, which is fantastic and amazing. Thanks for the heads up. Not much the company can do about a third party app storing passwords unsecurely.

Great app for smaller companies to avoid file servers. Can't beat $10/month for 1TB backed up and available anywhere.

What's your password strategy today, when nothing is safe? I'm using KeepassX, and password file is backed up in few locations. Separate passwords almost everywhere..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nebroch
What's your password strategy today, when nothing is safe? I'm using KeepassX, and password file is backed up in few locations. Separate passwords almost everywhere..
Sure is hard. I'm thinking of what to do now. Right now I'm leaning on a password vault like LastPass or mSecure or since I have Google 2 step, creating a document in my Drive with all 100% random passwords. I like the simplicity of using the Google method, seems secure because if someone cracks my password, I'll get a text with a code so they won't be able to get further.

Al

Originally Posted By: Bryankkkk
I dropped dropbox for google drive. Much better service for the price. Drobbox was nice when I had 56gb of free space for the samsung promotion.
Yea..its tough to beat. I only keep dropbox as an aditiona backup for my old pictures. I like the fact that google allows you to drop whole folders into it. And 100 GB for 2 bucks a month? Sweet.