DRL's working through a headlight harness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The H4/9003 low beams in my fiancee's 09 Honda Fit are terrible. No range to them, and a pretty weak light.

I'd like to do a harness after good results with a harness in my Buick LeSabre, and would like to keep the headlight DRL's. Is there a way to do this?

Yeah. Thats what I meant. If for example its a GM I know on many models they turn on the highs at half brightness. This voltage is probably enough to pull over the relay and turn on highs, which would be bad since they would be a full brightness. In this situation I would find what the voltage it putting out and install a zener diode inline to the high beam between that voltage and 12V to cut that off. A zener diode wil only let voltage pass when it gets to a certain voltage level. This would disable DRLs.
I personally do not like DRLs though..
If your Honda is just lighting up the low beams it should allow them to work, just at full brightness, if it runs them at reduced brightness.

It's lighting up the high beams at half voltage. They're actually pretty bright for DRL's.

I saw something on a Ford site where the guy wired the relay to pass the DRL current when the relay was in its closed (er, headlights not on) state. If I was reading his writeup correctly.

I adjusted the headlights tonight, and they're much better. That alone might kibosh the harness idea.

Although it's sad when the foglight wiring is beefier than the headlight wiring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back