driving on more than 1 donut tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I saw a Cutlass Supreme or Buick w/ FOUR doughnuts on it driving through the Philly Ghetto. Some things just have to be seen to be believed.

2 donuts on the front: ABS research!
2 donuts on the rear: Drifting practice!
2 donuts on the left or right: Active steering pull compensation!
2 donuts on diagonal: Brake system fail safe engineering!

3 donuts: Darwin awards!

4 donuts: Found the rims stolen in the morning, and heading to the police!

I've seen the idiots in riced out Civics try and run at the 1/4 track with two donuts on the rear as "skinnies". They were told to leave.

Originally Posted By: BuickGN
I've seen the idiots in riced out Civics try and run at the 1/4 track with two donuts on the rear as "skinnies". They were told to leave.

Why? Donuts are usually good to at least 50mph.

whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Canawler
Originally Posted By: BuickGN

whistle.gif

LOL. Good point, I don't think they would've exceeded the speed rating during the 18 second race.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
He should get two more, it's a cheap way to lower the chassis for that "look".
For an even better look he should have bought a spraycan of "chrome" and a can of clear.
wink.gif
and sprayed the "rims" of the donuts.

One of the car magazines put 4 donuts on a car and ran skidpad tests a few years ago. IIRC, they only lost about 0.1g in cornering.

Originally Posted By: XS650
One of the car magazines put 4 donuts on a car and ran skidpad tests a few years ago. IIRC, they only lost about 0.1g in cornering.

I guess that's due to the incredibly soft compound?

There is/was a guy on ecomodder.com who ran donuts on the back of his metro. He was trying to find ones for the front too but the smaller diameter would make his mileage drop.
I thought the donuts from a big awd car/suv would be great for him as they have to be the same diameter as the other tires. Plus they are built for a 4000lb car so running them on a metro wouldn't be a challenge for them at all...
I wouldn't run donuts on my car but I'm sure my Neon still would outperform a dump truck in any maneuver regardless of how many donuts it had on it... Yet we still allow dump trucks on the road.

the few times i used a temp spare i found they were worthless in the rain.almost zero wet traction.
i keep a bunch around here to use on junkers going to the shredding hole.
yes they will get you home or to a tire shop but i would rather deal with a real spare.if the spot the temp is stored in is not useful then i leave it for the very rare case where i might lose 2 tires at once.

whistle.gif

When only 1 is on a car driven in a constant speed, in a non aggressive manor.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

whistle.gif

When only 1 is on a car driven in a constant speed, in a non aggressive manor.

Aggressive manors should get the wrecking ball.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
I've seen people drive 80mph on a donut on the interstate.

Big whoop. I see people doing 75 towing a U-haul trailer that has "max speed 45mph" written all over the fender and reminding them everytime they look in the mirror.

Most of these things are worst case scenario cautions; like if you were to slam on the brakes at 80mph in a non-ABS car and grind the donut to a halt *might* shred or pop the tire.

When I was a dumb teenager me and a friend would stick two donuts on the front of his 2.5L Dodge Daytona and wreak all kinds of havoc spinning tires. Nothing like 3rd gear burnouts from a stop with a whopping 105hp under the hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back