Driving Observations....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive about 100 miles per day across Houston and have a tendency to notice odd little quirks and such during that time. I have more than enough of my own, such as noticing others' quirky driving...so'll I'll comment on some quirks of others I've noticed over time:

1) Just how short do you have to be to drive an ancient Toyota Tercel with your cowboy hat on and not mash it against the ceiling?

2) If you drive a Dodge dually diesel pick ‘em up geared for stump pullin’ with an arc welder in the bed, placing a #3 on the rear window won’t make you a NASCAR driver. That Civic is going to smoke you every time…..get used to it, Mullet.

3) Since when does Barcalounger make seats for old Cadillacs?

more to come.

Other Houston conventional wisdom:

The south beltway has no speed limits, it's our own little autobahn, don't tell anyone.

Calvin ******* on brand-X's logo makes your $1500 beater look really cool.

A 100 Club sticker is a license to speed. Don't forget to stack several year's worth slightly overlapping. 5 or more is a license to kill.

Westheimer is a drag strip that allows cars to occasionally pass through.

The best way for the police to combat speeding on Westheimer is to randomly select a parking lot, and arrest everybody parked there.

The goal of crossing the Baytown bridge is to catch some air at the crest.

If there's traffic, and you have 4WD, you can just drive over the grass to the access road. the resulting trails are how we tell TXDOT where we want new offramps.

If you can't find a place to park, just get on 59.

Buying new wheels with 12 inches additional offset, dramatically improves your vehicles handling.

An empty receiver hitch means you have no personality.

A commuter light rail system that takes up 4 traffic lanes, and carries 4 people per rail-car reduces traffic and curbs air pollution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back