Drivers side feels lower when I drive

I just changed out to new shocks and harder lowered springs several months ago on my 89 Toyota Soarer.
I did have a 5mm ride height difference , of which the drivers side was lower by 5mm. I then shimmed the springs by adding some own made tough rubber washers 3mm thick and got back both sides to be level. Now the issue is while the car looks straight when parked, I dont notice any inclination, and the finger gap are all equal (it wasnt before the shimming), I still feel like the car is slanting on my side when I drive alone. Is this feeling normal or should I shim the drivers side a little bit more. Is it also normal for a car to roll on drivers side more than empty passenger side, perhaps just a consequence of sitting on one side of the car ?
Perhaps only the Mclaren F1 will be exempt from this issue ?

5 mm is not too much , about 3/16 inch. Naturally if a ~200 Lb person is inside, that side will lower more. Since you changed out the springs, the factory specs are out the door. You could have someone who weighs about the same as you get behind the wheel and you can then measure your ride heights and shim accordingly. The rubber washers you added will compress over time and would not be a good long term solution.
I had left rear leafs on my truck sag about one inch unloaded. The front gas tank is also on the left side which added to the sag when filled.I added a 1.25 inch steel block between the leafs and differential to bring it up. That was about 10 years ago and it still sits level.

I just changed out to new shocks and harder lowered springs several months ago on my 89 Toyota Soarer.
I did have a 5mm ride height difference , of which the drivers side was lower by 5mm. I then shimmed the springs by adding some own made tough rubber washers 3mm thick and got back both sides to be level. Now the issue is while the car looks straight when parked, I dont notice any inclination, and the finger gap are all equal (it wasnt before the shimming), I still feel like the car is slanting on my side when I drive alone. Is this feeling normal or should I shim the drivers side a little bit more. Is it also normal for a car to roll on drivers side more than empty passenger side, perhaps just a consequence of sitting on one side of the car ?
Perhaps only the Mclaren F1 will be exempt from this issue ?

Not to be rude but how much do you weigh?

Honestly, it’s probably all in your head. Not that you’re crazy, but just your perspective.

a major suspension issue
Well yeah, he lowered the car so there's that.

Lowered cars are a matter of preference anyway so set it up with what seems right to you. If you're going to measure to the mm you'd want to do it while there is a person or object that weighs about the same as you in the driver's seat.

Your rubber shims are part of the problem. They compress under weight, and because you’ve got unequal shim thickness, they’ll compress unequally.

Back