"Driver" Prangs Pole with New Ford GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
XB70,
How are things doin' at Wright-Patterson?
patriot.gif

Was the Driver a German named Dietrich, from Malibu, CA. maybe?
cheers.gif
crushedcar.gif
grin.gif

I've sat in a GT, but never driven one. That guy would have been fine if he'd have played Gran Turismo more often. The GT is a beast.

Extreme example of "too much money in the wrong hands" That guy should have been driving a golf cart on the golf course instead of the GT.

My slow dialup doesn't like that link, but I am wondering if this is the story that happened in my hometown (Worcester, MA) about two weeks ago.

A young lady and male companion (one or both were related to the dealership's owner) took a GT for a spin with dealer plates on, and she promptly wrapped it around a pole.

I love the comment from that one board: "It's farked, considering the pole definetly went into the engine compartment... It's fixable, but I wouldn't want to see the repair bill. 60k+".

What an idiot!
lol.gif

I know exactly what went through that guys brain, though. It was something like: "Hmm, I've got this fast new supercar, it's got tons of power, but I haven't really seen what it's got yet. Boy, wouldn't the golf course be a great place to show off, besides, what harm could a little stab of the throttle do?"

Of course, what he failed to take into consideration was that he had no idea what the car would behave like when he did that. If he wanted to drive it fast, he should have eased into it, taking his time and giving the car a little more gas each time he accelerated, like I always do in strange car with a decent amount of power. Less than 9 miles of driving is nowhere near enough time to get used to a car. I don't care how much driving skill you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back