Driver of Suspected Stolen Tow Truck Jumps Onto Motorcycle, Leads Pursuit Through San Fernando Valley

GON

$100 Site Donor 2023
The reporter questions if this action was a hoax. The reason to question if the theft was a hoax came down to the motorcycle not only being staged, but it was reported the motorcycle was running.

Nothing further on the tow truck? ....not even details of its theft!
The distance between where the truck was stolen and where it was abandoned (where the motorcycle was waiting) would be telling.
I don't think of tow trucks as things which can be inconspicuously stolen.
Gang initiation?

I got the Twitter notification last night and was watching it on my phone, always get nervous at the motorcycle chases. FWIW all the LA channels offer streaming and there are dedicated Twitter handles that notify when a pursuit is on.

Nothing further on the tow truck? ....not even details of its theft!
The distance between where the truck was stolen and where it was abandoned (where the motorcycle was waiting) would be telling.
I don't think of tow trucks as things which can be inconspicuously stolen.
Gang initiation?
bike was staged 15 feet from tow truck.
Looks like a stunt.
Hell it's La La land.

Thanks.. So the tow truck was "stolen", driven 15 feet then abandoned by the thief.

This is just one (bizarre) example illustrating why I never cared for the product "news companies" put out.
The production elements here were chatter from some "reporter", empty footage from a helicopter and hosting by the desk personnel.

I wonder if they were trying to recreate an episode from CHiPs?

And who leaves their bike running just sitting there without anyone watching? When I'm out somewhere on mine I always take the key with me.

I mean, we crash planes on purpose for the 'likes' and 'grams', so why not stage stealing a car and get into a real-world police pursuit?

The person will probably post it with some excuse like 'I found this GoPro laying in my parking garage, you'll never guess what I found on the data card!!'