Driver of Shockwave Jet Truck dies

He was just at a local show a few weeks ago...only thing that was able to perform as high winds and low vis basically cancelled everything else. Sad news.

They had a jet car show up at air show and to me an odd addition when you had to go after F35’s and F22 in the mix. It looked insanely dangerous in fabrication and out local one did some crazy flames and had to be towed off the runway after popping it afterburner.

RIP driver.

Dang, that’s really unfortunate. I’ve seen him perform at airshows before, very unique performance. Thoughts go out to his family and friends who are affected by this.

Reactions: GON
Not sure what happened, what was the explosion? Appears the truck drove into the explosion if you watch the video. This is odd accident

Not sure what happened, what was the explosion? Appears the truck drove into the explosion if you watch the video. This is odd accident
IIRC the “explosion” is part of the act 🤔 but I haven’t seen this performance in a few years. I’m not sure the 2 incidents are related but just my opinion.

Just my $0.02

Just before it crashed, flames started coming out of the back of the truck. That's not supposed to happen at that stage of the run. It was probably a blown engine.

Appears to be tire failure, although hard to say why the cutes deployed first.

If the driver did pull the cutes in response to a failed tire, why didn't the engines cut as designed?

Sad all around.

Reactions: GON
What agencies would be responsible to investigate? I'm thinking, OSHA, Law Enforcement, Fire Dept and Coroner?

Back