drive on 4 ramps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hey Guys,

Can I slide rhino ramps on front and rear of the car and drive on?
Ramps do clear rocker panels so no clearance issues.

Car is AWD so it should crawl on?
I assume that car will struggle a little when trying to drive on to ramps? Any potential damage that I should be concerned about

What?

I pasted this into Google Translate on the "detect language" feature and even it can't figure out what language it's in.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Epic fail. Jack stands brother.

Could you please explain why?
I don't need to remove wheels... I would rather drive up front and jack rear and slide ramps if I cant drive on to them.

For the ones you slide under the jacked tire you can look for wheel cribs. Look at raceramps.com for example of how they do a full vehicle lift.

Originally Posted By: Ndx

I don't see why not. Just make sure the ramps are securely planted on the ground so they don't slide when you try to drive up on them.

What car has enough room under the rockers to place ramps in front of the rear tires?
Not even our Forester has enough clearance for that.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
What car has enough room under the rockers to place ramps in front of the rear tires?

CAYENNE does..

I just tried and it's not that easy, feels like car is rolling backwards in drive... Or ramps are just sliding on concrete, if I could bolt them

I'm afraid that I will damage something in drive line by trying to get on.

Try doing it in reverse...

You might have to move your steering wheel to the right hand side for this to work.
smile.gif

This shouldn't hurt the driveline at all.
Install the anti-skate pads on the ramps and they should remain in place on the rough-finished concrete of a driveway, although maybe not on the smooth concrete of a garage floor.
Use your right foot on the loud pedal and your left foot on the brake.
Don't back off until you feel the tires hitting the flat spot at the top of the ramps.

This shouldn't hurt the driveline at all.
Install the anti-skate pads on the ramps and they should remain in place on the rough-finished concrete of a driveway, although maybe not on the smooth concrete of a garage floor.
Use your right foot on the loud pedal and your left foot on the brake.
Don't back off until you feel the tires hitting the flat spot at the top of the ramps.

I need second eyes I was braking after trying to climb to make sure that I'm not going over the ramp
smile.gif
that's the problem.

I might try to attempt it again.. I'm just paranoid about transfer case or differential exploding hahaha seems like car is struggling a little maybe not enough loud pedal lol

Huh??

1994 Roadmaster wagon, 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe - both are very easy with 4 ramps. Done each several times. Other cars before also. 4 runner, Silverado, 96 Impala SS, etc

Rhino ramps are 8 1/2" high at the bump stop so very many cars and trucks will fit using 4. Using only 2 means almost every car fits. My daughters 2007 Civic is on 2 ramps right now. Simple mod of placing plywood before ramp increases odds that lower clearance cars will also fit............... not needed for Civic.

Folks that bash Rhino ramps need to actually look at them and see how they are made - very strong and safe. Been using for many years. Dumped my steel ones long ago.

Drivers who have a problem getting up on them need to retake basic drivers ed. One continuous slow acceleration, not go and stop and go.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I assume that car will struggle a little when trying to drive on to ramps? Any potential damage that I should be concerned about

Sure, if you have the clearance. I use to put my expedition up on 4 all the time. Nothing will get damaged.

Weird? my forester does it fine.

It is somewhat hard to do with the MT though.

I usually drive the front on, jack the whole rear with the center skid plate and slide the rear under.

works fine to drive off.. but its really pretty difficult to drive the MT up all 4 ramps and not smoke the clutch due to 1st gear being fairly high
For example in 2014+ the 1st gear is aprox 7% "lower"

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Just curious...for what reason are you wanting the car on 4 ramps?

Also, if the rockers clear the ramps there's no reason to be timid, give it the gas.

Originally Posted By: JamesBond
Hey Guys,

Just curious...for what reason are you wanting the car on 4 ramps?

Also, if the rockers clear the ramps there's no reasoni to be timid, give it the gas.

Differential and Transfer case fluid change...
Good height and level can't ask for more

I wouldn't be able to do this even though my car has AWD. When I drive my car up the Rhino ramps, the front wheels always make the Rhino ramps slide backwards. If I had 4 ramps, It would mean that not all wheels would be lifted, and possibly a disaster would happen.

I don't recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back