Drill Adapter for Buffing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any1 know where these buffing adapters for drills are sold locally (Canada or US, doesn't matter)? I would like to use it on my headlights with a plastic polish/cleaner. Will not use this on body paint. Thanks.

Autogeek.com has a headlight kit. Its kinda expensive, but it produces good results.

I've seen cheap ones at Advance Auto (body repair isle, near the bondo) and also automotive in Wal Mart.

Very glad to hear you won't be using it on paint!
I have one for the same purpose you want one. Something I've noticed doing headlights is that the plastic is just as susceptible to swirls as paint is. So be cautious about that. I've had a PC for over 2 years, and it is definitely worth the investment (if you're obsessive about appearance) and if you have the finances available.

I have since wet-sanded my headlights several times, and did a write-up on maxima.org here (if OK with the mods): http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=375480

It may seem involved, but in reality it only took about an hour/light the first time. And that was with them on the car. The second time, I removed them and did them in a portable vice in my living room. They turned out even better that time. Having a PC definitely helped, but the polishing part could still be achieved by hand or drill attachment.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back