Drew Carey On The Price Is Right

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sometimes work weekends and every so often watch the Price Is Right...I haven't got a clue why CBS chose him for the repalcement of Bob Barker...He makes jokes that are not funny during the show and he has no ability to make anything dramatic...Even in the end when he says get your pets spayed and neutered he acts like he is being forced to say it...I really can't stand him as the host and have no intentions of looking at it anymore.

As much as I am not crazy about Rose'O Donnell she might have actually been alot better.

The best one for that job IMHO would have been Marco Antonio who did the Family Feud in Spanish...He would have been perfect for that job IMHO.

I have nothing against Drew Carey and think is a OK actor but he is not the one for the Price Is Right...Of coarse that is just IMHO.

I also watch the show occasionally, and Drew Carrey doesn't seem to have the right personality for it. He's not funny at all, and does tend to babble a lot during the show.
I thought at one time they were thinking about using Kevin James, which IMO would have been a better choice.
Bob Barker was the best.

It's as bad as Conan O'Brien being the host for the Tonight Show.
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
shocked2.gif

Seriously. Leno was a class act, and his show was intelligent. Conan is HORRIBLE. The ratings prove it.

Quote:

Seriously. Leno was a class act, and his show was intelligent

I see you forgot "funny" and rightfully so. The 4 most recent I saw just seemed to be a series of stupid sight gags. I don't think it was even close to Carson; but as usual, different strokes....

They should have just EOL'd PIR when Barker left or found someone that had natural grace and presence.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

They should have just EOL'd PIR when Barker left or found someone that had natural grace and presence.

I have to agree on that.

are they going to show triumph the comic insult dog on the tonight show now since conan is on earlier?

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
shocked2.gif

Seriously. Leno was a class act, and his show was intelligent. Conan is HORRIBLE. The ratings prove it.

The tonight show is still on? I hadn't even checked, since Leno left.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
are they going to show triumph the comic insult dog on the tonight show now since conan is on earlier?

They've already had Triumph on. It was funny as [censored] like always. I love the tiumph stuff.

Triumph's debut on the Tonight Show. Visits Banaroo.

Part 1
http://www.hulu.com/watch/78867/the-tonight-show-with-conan-obrien-triumph-visits-bonnaroo-part-1

Part 2
http://www.hulu.com/watch/78861/the-tonight-show-with-conan-obrien-triumph-visits-bonnaroo-part-2

I personally like Conan's off the wall comedy more than I did Jay Leno's. Jay and Conan are two different types of comedians and show hosts. It's just a preference of which style someone likes betteer then the other.

I was hoping that they wouldn't dumb down Conan for the earlier time slot. So far I don't think it has that much. I hope he keeps pushing the censor envelope like he did in the later slot.

They did dumb down his show. I started to drift away from Conan when they added the commercial break between his monologue and when he went to his desk, that is when, in my opinion, the show started to go downhill. I think he is a sell-out, and not in a good way.

Originally Posted By: AdRock
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

They've already had Triumph on. It was funny as [censored] like always. I love the tiumph stuff.

Triumph's debut on the Tonight Show. Visits Banaroo.

Part 1
http://www.hulu.com/watch/78867/the-tonight-show-with-conan-obrien-triumph-visits-bonnaroo-part-1

Part 2
http://www.hulu.com/watch/78861/the-tonight-show-with-conan-obrien-triumph-visits-bonnaroo-part-2

Excellent vid! Too bad, I missed triumph. Manchester is about 40 miles from here.

I guess I'll be different. BB was boring. Glad he retired. I actually watch the show now because of DC.

Flame all you want. It's my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back