Dreams (on a serious note)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever have a dream that was so disturbing, it freaked you out for days....I really don't want to relive it by telling the storyline but dam it freaked me out for a few days...Still kinda anxous about it....(btw, i am normal and not in a mental ward)

grin.gif

Have them quite a bit. I maybe on my way to crazy ville when I get older, unfornately its in family. It's even more disturbing and freaking when those same dreams come true months or years later, scared me bad enough to have to stop driving couple times.

I have the same dream, or a variation of it every night. Not a nightmare, but it always leaves me feeling depressed,confused and lonely when I wake up.
This has gone on for months, I beginning to wonder if it doesn't mean I'm supposed to ...oh well, forget it.

Frank,

Sit back, take a nice deep breath, & tell me about your dream.......

If it makes you feel any better, I have weird dreams all the time. Just last night, I dreamed about an ex-g.f. that I haven't seen or thought about in years. I'm still a bit disturbed by it.

I also have dreams very often that my Father is still alive. He died in 1992. Those dreams always leave me with a very empty feeling when I wake up.

i usually dream about death. my most frequent dream is that i am at a gasoline station filling my car up and i overfill the tank. some gasoline spills onto the ground. along comes this guy who looks like he does heroin and flicks a cigarette into my gasoline puddle, sending the entire gas station, and myself, into flames.
so im rolling around the ground on fire screaming, and right before i die i awalys wake up.

i really dont like that dream.

On the most basic level, what we dream represent either what we fear, or what we wish. That's if we believe in dreams meaning anything. Some dreams certainly appear to be little more than mental excrement.

If Frank dreams of his youngest son being abducted, I suppose it simply means Frank is worried about his son being safe, which is every parent's very normal concern. Maybe Frank is afraid that for some reason he might be unable to provide safety for his son. For example, if Frank were to go on a week-long business trip, this might trigger the, again normal, fear that something might happen to his son during this time. Or maybe the son stands as a symbol for something or someone else close to Frank. In no way does Frank's dream appear crazy or abnormal.

Regarding symbols: for example, teeth are a symbol for food (obviously) and money (less obvious). A dream in which ones teeth fall out could mean a fear of starving or financial problems.

I found that I can't take my multi-vitamin in the evening as I started to have bad dreams. It culminated with a dream of me being killed at point blank range with a large caliber revolver! Its the only time I've ever been woken up in a sweat by a dream. I stopped taking the vitamins in the evening and everything went back to normal. I tested this theory once to see if it was the "vitamins at night" idea and the wackiness started again. I only take it in the morning and once in a while at lunch, now.

"aww them ol' dreams is only in your head"
Bob Dylan, Talking WW III Blues
I rarely have nightmares, its better to give than receive.
grin.gif

I usually dream about people and places from my past. I've been married 32 yrs and I dont think Ive ever had a dream my wife was in. I had this revelation about 6 months ago.

I couldn't tell you about one dream in the last year, because I just don't remember any. I suppose everyone does dream, but I must have real bad short term memory because I wake up with no recollection of a dream.

I do remember some dreams in my life, but they are so rare. The best was the dream of flying, what a thrill ride that was!

I had a dream a while back that actually came true the next day. I wouldn't go into details about the dream but there was no question in my mind that the basic details of the dream became reality the very next day.

It was a pretty amazing experience.

Ok, I feel a little better now LOL. you guys are nutso,

It was about the kidnapping of my youngest son (8). I remember being at the front door of where he was being held, I snuck in and grabbed him only to be met at the front door by the kidnappers. I remember offering anything to get out of there. What was so disturbing is that I can still vividly remember every detail of the room, the front door, the table he was at when I grabbed him, the clothing, the kidnappers faces. EVERYTHING. I

Pablo, I think I'll lay off the cheese.

I think your cheese dreams kinda resemble my burrito dreams...

thx guys.........

Once I saw in a dream very interesting and beatuful colors. They were not belong to those seven chroma. They weren't odd or diffrent shades, simply different chromas. I never saw them since and I don't think I'll ever see again.

Weather was like prior to a storm condition. On the south window I saw the colors on the sky in wavy cloud-like forms. Took the camera to shoot. As I stepped outdoors for better pictures, dad shouted not to go. But I didn't mind. There was a loud vacuuming wind. I turned back easily. Afterwards I took the film to the photo shop of the town. When I went there again to get the prints attender was remarking how beautiful the photos were. I stepped closer to see myself but they were all black and white! It was a big conflict, so I woke up!

But it is still a big dissappointment, been twelve years and I still recall it! So seeing a nightmare is really better where the reality is the award.

"Anybody dream of Jeannie?"
-------------------------------------------------------

Gawd, I try to every night. If you want to create some vivid dreams, try a nicotine patch.

Don't even put a whole one on, just a quarter of one. The stories are pretty consistent on this and I can verify them.

Have you guys ever had the dream where you are naked , covered in honey while standing on an anthill, and locked inside a photomat booth and you try to get out but all the windows are locked, and you try to scream but your tongue has been stapled to the floor?........anybody?......Hello?.....You mean that I am the onl...........Uh..Uh, neither have I. I was just asking.
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back