Drain & Re-fill X 3 over T-Tech Flush

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

1,000 miles ago put 6 oz. RX in my Accord auto transmissin with 166,000 miles and tranny shifts great.Not for sure,but the possibly,the previous owner flushed transmission few years ago and not for sure,but may have added an additive...Questions:

1. Therefore,since posibility an additive was used,thought would drive the recommended 1,500 or more miles before change..On the RX Form,the following is quoted: IMPORTANT NOTE: "If you have used additives prior to Auto-Rx®, you will have to add 3 oz. of Auto-Rx® to your new transmission fluid, repeat the T-Tec procedure a second time and drive 1,000 to 1,500 miles to achieve complete cleaning"...Again,thinking the tansmissin was flushed few years ago and not knowing for sure if any additive were added,and not wishing the extra expense of two T-Tech flushes,thought would do the X 3 drain myself and re-fill (drive betweem refills)as the dealer recommends..The fluid on the dip-stick looks clean. Thanks for comments

I've had good success with the 3-times drain and refill with a short drive between on Hondas. They seem to have more of the ATF drain out and not much capacity overall. A case of 12 quarts will probably be enough for the triple refill.

Ken

I did it that way on my Lasaber! I simply could not aford the T-Tec flush! I bought six gallons of ATF from Walmart. m the last fill up change the filter!

i do the t-tec flush..it works...but it was my only option cause my drain plug is stuck.

i use a whole gallon in the flush plus an extra half to be sure.

its all your preference, IMO drain and fill 3 times works too.

If the trans shifts great, then I would assume that the AutoRx did its job. I would just get the power flush, not a drain, and go on with life.
Did you notice any change in shifting, or was it always great?
One final question: Do you know where to get a T-Tech flush? I'm in Rockville and am curious to see how it compares price-wise to the locally-available BG brand flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back