Drain or keep - 2 scenarios...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scene 1:
98 Transsport minivan- head and intake gasket replaced (under warranty) by GM on 03/03/04 Dexcool change + Oil change(bulk GM 5w30) + ACDelco filter @100833km. odo now just shy of 102000km. Do I keep the dino oil and run it for 5000km or well into the summer, or put in the Swepco 5w30 I been waiting to try.

Scene 2:

'02 Acura 3.2TL- Put in GC 0W30 6/11/03 -@18865
drove the car for ~1000km before it became a hangar quuen for the winter. Took it out just once for a 22km spin during the winter. Odo is now a hair over 20k km. but oil is over 5 months old. Drop or keep..?? I have RL waiting in the oil cabinet.
Thanks
Jean

Scene 1 Use factory fill for an auto rx run before changing out to syn. (remember you should do the rinse phase also with dino oil)

Scene 2 RL all the way!!!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by 2K2AcuraTL:

Scene 2:

'02 Acura 3.2TL- Put in GC 0W30 6/11/03 -@18865
drove the car for ~1000km before it became a hangar quuen for the winter. Took it out just once for a 22km spin during the winter. Odo is now a hair over 20k km. but oil is over 5 months old. Drop or keep..?? I have RL waiting in the oil cabinet.
Thanks
Jean

I can't speak for Scene 1, but we have people doing annual changes with synthetic, so you should be able to leave the oil in the 3.2 TL. If you're obsessive like me though, you'd change it just for fun and peace of mind. I'm insanely protective of my car, and it's just a '95 Accord, not an awesome car like your Acura! Wanna trade?
wink.gif

Yup..
Thats just my problem... I am obsessive about OCI..
banghead.gif
, but I dont want to send my hard earned dollars to the recycle depot so fast... but I want to change oil....AHHHHHHHH
Is there hope for me...???
twak.gif

But on a serious note: I sort-of want to time the OCI so that I will have fresh oil, late in the fall (scene1) or just before hangar seson (scene2) in order to maximize the use of oil/money spent.
Jean

[ April 07, 2004, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: 2K2AcuraTL ]

quote:

Originally posted by 2K2AcuraTL:
Yup..
Thats just my problem... I am obsessive about OCI..
banghead.gif
, but I dont want to send my hard earned dollars to the recycle depot so fast... but I want to change oil....AHHHHHHHH
Is there hope for me...???
twak.gif

Jean

Nope, no hope. You're doomed! Just change it out and rest easy, that's what I'd do! (and I'm just a poor pizza boy!)
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
What notautoRxFrk and the others say.

#1 autoRx and good dino
#2 First synthetic run? Go another 2K...but change end of June whichever comes first...

#1 Ive been running synth since I got the van 4 years ago, this is the first dino its seen in a LONG while.

#2 ITs had syth in it since day 1...june sound good.
Thanks
Jean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back