Drain Fill Excel Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have that Excel Calculator ...

Thank You.
N.

According to Amsoil
Automatic Transmission, 4 Shallow Paneed Initial Fill..........Not Specified
Automatic Transmission, Total Fill
4 speed 4 Speed..........7.6 quarts

I would like to do Drain and Fill method.

I have 12 Quarts of Amsoil ATF is that enough ?

I have it on my home computer but am currently in another state for work. I've tried searching for it but it seems the link is dead. PM "adamg" and he'll send you the file to your e-mail. He has posted before, that he has this calculator on his computer.

Hope you get the info that you need.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ndx
According to Amsoil
Automatic Transmission, 4 Shallow Paneed Initial Fill..........Not Specified
Automatic Transmission, Total Fill
4 speed 4 Speed..........7.6 quarts

I would like to do Drain and Fill method.

I have 12 Quarts of Amsoil ATF is that enough ?

Post your email or send me a PM with it and I will send it to you.

You will need 30-40 QTs of ATF to get into the 90% new fluid mark. That might be OK with cheap ATF, but with Amsoil at $8.00 (or so) a QT its just not cost effective to use multiple drain and fills to flush a transmission.

If you have short rubber lines between the transmission and the cooler that you can easily do a cooler line flush (very easy) in 30 minutes. If you have a drain plug then drain and fill the transmission then (without starting vehicle) setup for a cooler line flush. I would go with 1 extra QT of ATF if you first drain and fill the pan first, and 3 extra QTs if you do not as there will be some mixing of ATF in the pan as you start the flush. Read my recent post on 95 Camry (or 95 Toyota).

Install a Magnefine filter while you are messing with the cooler lines, best $20 you will spend on your transmission.

Donald PM Sent

I will upload ... that file and post a link ... for everyone
Im Afraid That It will rund dry for a second or something

is 12Quarts enough to inline/cooler method flush ?

Adam sent me a link to Mazda forum with Instructions but Im Still Afraid ... Anyone from Hamilton/Toronto Area that is willing to help ? Im willing to pay for it ..

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=66369.0;

Any tips that I should know on top of that instruction

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ndx
Donald PM Sent

I will upload ... that file and post a link ... for everyone
Im Afraid That It will rund dry for a second or something

is 12Quarts enough to inline/cooler method flush ?

Adam sent me a link to Mazda forum with Instructions but Im Still Afraid ... Anyone from Hamilton/Toronto Area that is willing to help ? Im willing to pay for it ..

12 QTs is enough for a cooler line flush.

I did my Camry and drained 2 QTs per cycle until I saw air bubbles in the clear hose. Basically nothing needs lubrication or cooling with the transmission in P. That was last Oct, my 213K Camry is shifting as good as ever (Amsoil ATF).

If you really do not want anything to run dry do 1 QT cycles or overfill the transmisson by 2 QTs and go with 2 QT cycles.

Or with three people, have one person fill via dipstick, have another monitor drain hose to make sure you are filling at same rate, and another on the ignition key (4th for beer delivery). You keep going with filling and draining at same time unless one gets too far ahead of the other.

Here are the directions for a flush from the Amsoil website:
http://www.amsoil.com/faqs/ATF_and_Filter_Change_Procedures.pdf

Also if someone wants to use the calc. spreadsheet and does not have MS EXCEL, go to http://www.openoffice.org and get the free spreadsheet software there. Many companies are moving off the MS Office products (due to cost) and onto OpenOffice software or Lotus Symphony software (basically the same).

Another Question is do I have to drop pan ? I had tranny replaced 20K Km with brand new one ? I guess cooler line flush should be good enaugh

Anyone?
21.gif
Pretty please
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back