Drag Racing and Auto-Rx usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What caused Gary N to think he needed to change his oil / cut up his filter after only 750 miles? This is a Fram oil filter, does the ribbed center tube tell us it's one of the high flow /low efficiency racing series?

It would have been wiser to have just replaced the filter and continued on with the 1,500 mile clean phase. To terminate the cleaning at 750 miles seems like a waste of money to me.

His comments were looking for any metal parts also to check the containments Auto-Rx had removed. This engine is used for drag racing.

I don't blame him for dumping the oil at the time of examining the packed filter, it was likely filthy. I understand that this gentleman drag racer has a newer Lightening truck that he is racing, as well as a daily driver. This 98' supercharged unit has about 45 K on the clock and is about to start an ARX cleaning. Keep us informed on the cleaning results. I think I heard he is using full synthetic for both clean and rinse.

I am confirming he is using full synthetic for both cleaning and rinse mode. Yes we modified (for him and his super charged high performance engine) Auto-Rx Application Instructions.

Auto-RX will not break stuff off in big hunks but dissolving and suspending the debris....safely....in just a few cycles ( measured in engine hours)....and from there maintain a regular Auto-RX maintenance program per the instructions for proper amount in your particular engine

I am anxious to see the level of cleaning and rinse, in the new Super charged lightening truck, running a full synthetic for both clean and rinse cycles. I am quite sure the cleaning results will be good. It will also be interesting to see how the newer Lightening truck has faired running synthetic vs. the 1991 Lightening drag unit that had always run mineral oil. My best guess is that 91 sludged up due to substantial fuel dilution. Makes me think the newer supercharged unit may be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back