Drafting Stool Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a drafting stool?

I want to use it for my garage workbench. I'm mainly fixing things there, doing soldering now and again.

I have an unopened Snap On stool from Costco which I am thinking of returning because I'd rather have something with a back and armrests.

For the stool, I'd ideally want a large footring.

Thanks!

I can't recommend a specific model of stool, but I can recommend you look at places that re-sell used business furniture, specifically ones that carry used laboratory furniture and equipment. We equipped our science lab with almost entirely used lab furniture, including some excellent lab stools like you are describing along with chairs, lab benches, stools, cubicle dividers, etc, for crazy cheap.

Your subject title sounds like you are looking for help writing a report on how the stool that comes out one's bottom should look.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I tried that one out in the store and didn't like it.

I did find a used office furniture place a bit away from me but it has a great reputation, a large stock and apparently good prices. So I will hit that up next time I'm in that area.

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
Does anyone have a recommendation for a drafting stool?

I want to use it for my garage workbench. I'm mainly fixing things there, doing soldering now and again.

I have an unopened Snap On stool from Costco which I am thinking of returning because I'd rather have something with a back and armrests.

For the stool, I'd ideally want a large footring.

Thanks!

Why are you looking specifically for a chair made for a profession that's since gone from the board to the cubicle?
I'm asking this as a UG NX 7.5 drafter. Hahahaha

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Why are you looking specifically for a chair made for a profession that's since gone from the board to the cubicle?
I'm asking this as a UG NX 7.5 drafter. Hahahaha

Yeah, shouldn't a real drafting stool come with a matching ashtray?

Instead of a simple garage stool, I want something with a back and arms, and from my internet searching and websites such as Amazon, Staples, Office Depot, Office Max, the search term is "drafting stool".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back