DR. AEHAAS and ENZO in Shunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the posts in Ferrarichat.com, this evening and I read this, posted 2-28-2006;

NEWS FLASH:
I ran into a spool of electrical house wire yesterday evening on my way to the office. I love it when stuff falls out of the back of work trucks. Only this time I did not see it as it was a dark unlit corner.

Bad news: the car ran into the guard rail with significant front end damage. The good news: it was at a relatively low speed and I was able to get almost around the corner so as to avoid trees. The bad news: the airbag did go off and gave my forearm a contusion, black and blue. The good news: The carbon fiber split into a million pieces up front including the front of the driver side fender so as to soften the blow.

I am not sure what may be underneath as it was dark. In any event, a huge hassle. I will fill in the blanks as I find out more.

aehaas

Here is the complete pg.7 from ferrarichat.com, on the incident;

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90863&page=7

Let me preface this by saying that I'm glad the good doctor came out of this in one piece with relatively minor injuries. You can always repair a car. It's a bit more difficult to sew your head back on.

..but..

The good news: The carbon fiber split into a million pieces up front including the front of the driver side fender so as to soften the blow.

I just can't relate to boasting of something so expensive breaking into millions of pieces ..even if that's what it's supposed to do. My wallet tends to make we want to take the hit for the team.

It's tough living in flatland, at times..
dunno.gif

I think Homer Simpson said it best,

"DOH!"

Glad he's alright though.

I bet if he had 10w60 instead of 5w20 he could have avoided it.

Something doesn't sound right here. Dr. Haas sent me the pics of his Enzo to post on here on March 5. He never mentioned that the car had been wrecked.

He's posted on BITOG many times since Feb 28 and never posted that the Enzo had been in a wreck.

He probably isn't required to tell us everything. For example, I occasionally eat blueberry muffins.

As for his wealth, I have no concerns. I am amazed what folks will pay for elective cosmetic surgery.

You woulda thunk he would tell us about his Enzo, though.

Of course he isn't "required" to tell us everything. But the Enzo being in a wreck seems like something he would post about on here since he chose to post about it in the first place.

I'm just wondering if the post on the Ferrari forum about the wreck is legit. Maybe someone knows his login id and password and is impersonating him. That happened on a forum I participated on a few years ago.

quote:

I'm just wondering if the post on the Ferrari forum about the wreck is legit. Maybe someone knows his login id and password and is impersonating him. That happened on a forum I participated on a few years ago.

You may be correct. Something sounds fishy about this story, as the events don't seem to make sense, unless of course, I'm having a bad night, which I may be...

quote:

I ran into a spool of electrical house wire yesterday evening on my way to the office.

Don't know if he does surgery at night but OKAY...

quote:

Only this time I did not see it as it was a dark unlit corner.

Well, if the object was a spool of electrical house wire, which is of a somewhat significant size, the car does have headlights, wouldn't he be able to notice it.
dunno.gif
confused.gif

quote:

Bad news: the car ran into the guard rail with significant front end damage. The good news: it was at a relatively low speed and I was able to get almost around the corner so as to avoid trees.

quote:

I did not even see the cable at first. I thought maybe a tire blew or I hit an oil slick as I started to fishtail. I did keep it pretty much going around the curve until it straightened out but I could not quite get there. The tires were OK. I later walked back to see if there was an oil slick or something only to find this big bundle of cable all over the start of the curve.

I have a hard time believing that he wouldn't have seen a the cable with headlights. Okay, I'll give him a break on that.

But a tire blew? Doesn't the Ferrari have run-flats? If the run-flats DID blow, cars equipped with run-flats typically have an on-screen display that'll notify the driver in the event of a pressure loss.

dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by pastmaster:
I love it when stuff falls out of the back of work trucks.

I can relate to this. Only, it's not only work trucks. It's also any yahoo in a pickup to lazy to tie their stuff down. Wish cops would spend a little more time enforcing this menace to the public.

michael...

1. do you have to criticize everything people say? how do you know he didnt forget something at his office. i could think of a million different scenarios to justify going to your office at night if you are a dr.

2. do you even own a car? do you drive at night? at times it is very difficult to see objects in the road, depending on the circumstances.

3. why would he lie about something like this. it sounds possible to me.

quote:

Originally posted by sxg6:
3. why would he lie about something like this. it sounds possible to me.

No one is saying Dr. Haas is lying about this. Michael and I both feel that maybe Ali's ID has been hijacked over on the Ferrari forum and this post about the wreck is totally bogus, i.e., it didn't happen and the post was not made by Ali.

G-Man and others, I hope the story is bogus, too. I found it odd that no mention was made of it by Dr. Haas, on his posts here, as you have said. But, there it is on Ferrarichat, I thought we would like to know, that's why I posted it.

There are a lot of CREEPS, in this world and I'm sure there are many who are jealous of people like Dr.Haas. Maybe this is one of them?

Good Luck to you Dr.Haas, I hope you are well.
cheers.gif

quote:

Of course he isn't "required" to tell us everything.

Clearly a case of trauma-induced amnesia. I read that on the internet. So it must be true.
wink.gif

Whatever the case may be, I hope the good doctor is fine.

quote:

It's also any yahoo in a pickup to lazy to tie their stuff down.

Last year I was going North on 101 in Marin and I didn't believe my eyes. I came up on a small pickup truck that had a full-size fridge standing upright and unfastened in the bed right behind the cabin! The fridge was swaying back and foward a little. I stayed two lanes over and kept an eye on the show. When the driver accelerated, the fridge actually fell over. Luckily the fridge didn't fall out of the bed. The driver had this really stupid look on his face. Why he thought the fridge wouldn't fall over is beyond me. Maybe there was no transportation information/warning sticker with explicit instructions on the fridge.
wink.gif

A few years ago I was going failry fast (~200 km/h or so) in my Fiat rental on the Autobahn and a truck in front of me lost a wooden pallet. It came tumbling towards me, hit the tarmac kept skidding towards me, sparks flying (from the pallet's nails). It missed my Fita Barchetta by a hair.

I've also seen what happens when someone, going over 200 km/h, runs over a dead badger that's frozen to the road. That Bimmer was gutted like the Titanic. The driver was okay.

I've also seen what happens when someone, going over 200 km/h, runs over a dead badger that's frozen to the road. That Bimmer was gutted like the Titanic.

Hilarious mental picture there! Good writing!

Reminds of a year ago taking a right at a light, pulling out of a multi-lane mall exit road where there were some big box stores onto the main road. There in the middle of the intersection was a stopped pick-up, gate down, and a smashed dishwasher still in the box with a perplexed owner.

We have decided not to drive any of the "low to the ground" cars to work until they finish widening the road from 4 to 6 lanes. There are too many uneven areas, junk on the road and sudden lane changes.

I am waiting on a fender from Italy. Who knows how long it will take. The good news is that everything just unbolts off and back on again. The whole car is a modular marvel.

aehaas

quote:

Originally posted by G-Man II:
No one is saying Dr. Haas is lying about this. Michael and I both feel that maybe Ali's ID has been hijacked over on the Ferrari forum and this post about the wreck is totally bogus, i.e., it didn't happen and the post was not made by Ali.

i guess i misinterpreted the tone of michael's reply. it came off a bit rude to me, sort of like believing something happend to the enzo.. but thining he was not telling the truth about what it was that caused the accident.

Good to hear from you Dr. Haas!

You have things under control and I hope you will give us a commentary on how things progress with the ENZO. You know, it's kinda like our ENZO too. Very Happy that you are well!

Lot'sa of us care as to what happens not only to you, but to our fellow Brothers and Sisters, of the BITOG Family, if I am allowed to make this statement, speaking for all of us.
burnout.gif
burnout.gif

AEHass,

Good to hear you and your loved ones are fine. Material things can be replaced if need be.

Take care and good luck.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back