Dorman 923-040

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rear passenger blinker/brake light on my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan is not working. Upon inspecting the lamp socket, I noticed that one of the contacts was burnt. The lamp snaps into a socket, which in turn snaps into the housing. There are no wires on the socket, just contacts that mate up to contacts on the housing. I contacted a dealer and was told that I had to buy the entire tail light assembly. I've found a Dorman replacement part number for the socket, but they appear to be out of stock. The part number is 923-040. Does anyone know where I can purchase one of these? Thank you in advance.

That is so weird the Dorman part seems to be "unobtanium".
I bet the taillight assembly listed on RockAuto is priced less than the dealer...
good luck
Kevin

Junkyard is your friend.

If there is a self service one nearby, they are usually the cheapest...

Have you tried NAPA's webpage? They often have things like this. Did you check Rock Auto?
Not available on eBay.

Please you post a picture of exactly what you are looking for AND the damaged one.

Originally Posted By: otis24
Checked Rock Auto, Napa and a few others. Junk yard is my next option.

Is it possible to take apart the housing and separate those 2 wires that terminate in the form of contacts? If so, you could cut-n-splice a traditional socket. My Sedona uses this odd setup for the low-beams (H11b), and I've thought of doing this too. Only issue is things can be tight, but it might be worth a try.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Have you tried NAPA's webpage? They often have things like this. Did you check Rock Auto?
Not available on eBay.

Please you post a picture of exactly what you are looking for AND the damaged one.

This is an undamaged one:
http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-923-040-Tail-Lamp-Socket/dp/images/B001C6JCIM
Interestingly, a photo was on Dorman's site last night but nor more...
No it's not on Rock Auto
Kevin

When the parts chain is empty it often is a clue as to a problem with the part and there was a run on replacements.

Replaced the taillight assembly with a used one from a salvage yard and all is well. Keeping the old one for a spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back