Dorman 904-418 CCV Filter Teardown

Tomioka

$104 Site Donor 2024
This is the crankcase ventilation filter for a Cummins ISB 6.7L diesel engine that is located at the top of the valve cover. Changed it to a Fleetguard filter once stock became plentiful.

Top of filter (Clean side):
r1IIN9s.jpg

Bottom of filter (dirty side):
I've begun prying on the bottom side to expose the filter.
0WfMpzO.jpg

Bottom removed from top exposing the felt material used to absorb the oil mist from engine blowby gasses:
HUF4ROa.jpg

The bottom appears to be a separating catch-can type unit:
FedzCwt.jpg

Pieces of the unit layered together:
5vcFTbm.jpg

There was a brief shortage on Fleetguard CCV's in the beginning of 2022 so the Dorman were the only option available. Once our shop started getting them in I swapped it out when I was able to service the truck.

There was a brief shortage on Fleetguard CCV's in the beginning of 2022 so the Dorman were the only option available. Once our shop started getting them in I swapped it out when I was able to service the truck.
Totally understand! It has been a tough last couple of years in the supply chain world. If you're ever struggling to get the Fleetguard parts you need, please reach out.

Thanks for sharing. I recall on another site someone was using those Dorman filters with no issues.

I had looked at them but of course, in Canada, everything costs more than the original. Same with looking at with fuel filters. Could not find the beta ratios and they cost more than Fleetguard.

Back