Door Panels - yes you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little cloth, Masonite, and effort... Not that hard at all

db_left_rear_original_door_panel__Small_1.jpg

db_right_rear_panel_installed1.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful, love that old school color. From the pictures looks like your doing a great job. Fantastico
thumbsup2.gif

Richard: I just have to ask, given this:
Quote:
The center console is fabricated with this donor console from a Toyota 4Runner, cut at the front and mounted high enough to be an arm rest with a door skin from a Toyota.

The cup holders two are 2 oil filters cut open and welded in place. The remaining fill for the sides is made up of Nissan and Toyota plastic bumpers. (from the restoration site)
, i.e., having transplanted alien donor organs, do you have to give it anti-rejection medication on a regular basis?

Seriously though, it really looks nice. Those cup holders are ingenuity in its purest form. Well done.
cheers3.gif

Snazzy! And I love how chevy framed the cloth with metal where it's most likely to get abuse-- keeps the wear down.

thanks Pablo. I tried to pull a balance, but I'm thinking of changing out the blackwalls to whitewalls.

I decided to change out the tires for whitewalls, so as soon as I get them mounted I'll have fresh pictures and more of a period look.
Come to $41 each after taxes. Then found someone to buy my 2 year old blackwalls with 25 miles on them for $45 each.

I love the GM cars from that era; there were no Safety Nazis or Eco Weenies- and the engineers held sway over the bean counters.

And not the speakers and rear seats are finished and installed, along with seat belts.

db_Speakers_installed1.jpg

(chrome "Corvair 700" between the speakers)

db_rear_seat_up1.jpg

db_rear_seat1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back