Door Panels - yes you can

Beautiful, love that old school color. From the pictures looks like your doing a great job. Fantastico \:\!

Richard: I just have to ask, given this:
 Quote:
The center console is fabricated with this donor console from a Toyota 4Runner, cut at the front and mounted high enough to be an arm rest with a door skin from a Toyota. The cup holders two are 2 oil filters cut open and welded in place. The remaining fill for the sides is made up of Nissan and Toyota plastic bumpers. (from the restoration site)
, i.e., having transplanted alien donor organs, do you have to give it anti-rejection medication on a regular basis? Seriously though, it really looks nice. Those cup holders are ingenuity in its purest form. Well done.

Snazzy! And I love how chevy framed the cloth with metal where it's most likely to get abuse-- keeps the wear down.

Originally Posted By: Tornado Red
I look forward to seeing what you do with the seats.
Seats are Month 26: http://www.widman.biz/Corvair/html/month_26.html Widman - very ingenious on the center console. Your Corvair is a true Corvair, but it's also so much better with improvements, so very nice and detailed - all without losing the essence. Well balanced "restore" job. Excellente! Great pictures.

widman

thanks Pablo. I tried to pull a balance, but I'm thinking of changing out the blackwalls to whitewalls.

widman

I decided to change out the tires for whitewalls, so as soon as I get them mounted I'll have fresh pictures and more of a period look. Come to $41 each after taxes. Then found someone to buy my 2 year old blackwalls with 25 miles on them for $45 each.

I love the GM cars from that era; there were no Safety Nazis or Eco Weenies- and the engineers held sway over the bean counters.

widman

And not the speakers and rear seats are finished and installed, along with seat belts. (chrome "Corvair 700" between the speakers)