Don't Sleep On Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic

Although there's not necessarily a vast amount of information out there on it (like VOAs or UOAs) the PQIA entry below and some consumer experiences suggest Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic may be one of the best PCMO products available on the market; if only based upon the numbers. I will share my experiences or UOA, if I pony up for one. Have any of you used this before? I'd be curious to hear about it. I'm surprised I don't hear or read more about it, but that doesn't discourage me. I was going to make this a "change my mind post," but it's already made up, because I bought it.

1659121723204.jpg

I don't know how true this is, but...

Valvoline EP is running very heavy cuts of Grp III and an exotic small cut of GRP 5 it contains >5% VII

Valvoline has always tried for formulate using low treat rates of additives and get the best mix of base oils for the application.

As I mentioned in another thread, this guy claims he has 40+ years of working as an independent consultant for various major oil companies.

The OP's choice states: " 40% more wear protection vs. industry standards"

Pennzoil Ultra states: "UNSURPASSED WEAR PROTECTION No other leading motor oil provides better protection from friction."

It's very logical which choice is better.

Yeah, it's interesting how they all use numbers from various tests in different ways. Always look for the "*" for a reference. It's usually the IVA, IIIH and Seq X. If you compare what they all say, you'll find every oil crushes the IVA which, 9 times out of 10 is where the "unsurpassed wear" claims come from. Where Valvoline has fallen short in the past, and is still not likely on par with M1/PP, is high temperature turbo deposits. However, the EP stuff is likely on par with the rest.

Pennzoil Ultra states: "UNSURPASSED WEAR PROTECTION No other leading motor oil provides better protection from friction."

It's hard to argue against facts. I might have to exchange my VAFS for PUP!

Lacking VW507 approvals that some cars require and other products Valvoline produces meet, it clearly can't be "best" everywhere.

What happened to the "There is no best oil" sticky?
Valvoline XL-III 5W-30 carries 504/507

My Touareg has seen more Valvoline 504/507 and dexos2 oil than any other brand.

Last edited:

Not only that, but it protects horsepower too !

Back