Don't move here

Current SCE outage map for Los Angeles area below.
Temp is about 10F above normal.
I think it shows how marginal the whole area is, that dozens of transformers pop.
There's no real attempt permission to upgrade.
la_outages_20200906.gif

About 10F above normal?

It's 115F in Baldwin Park right now.

Average high in September is 88F. That's 27F above normal.

Todays supposed to be the hottest day for the Labor day weekend,110/111 🥵

Happy to say our first cooling trend is forecast for this coming week plus 2 or 3 days with rain.

Didn't I read somewhere there are actually more people moving out than moving in to California? The "unintended consequences" of this work from home environment is that's it's actually become permanent for some people and if they have Internet they can work from anywhere.

I left the state a little over 8 years ago-and I have heard from two couples this past week that are moving to Boise. You can sell your house in California-buy a 4,000 sq foot house in the burbs of Boise and still have enough left over for a couple of new SUVs..............and then some.

My sister and her wife recently got a house in San Diego, they were notified of rolling blackouts... it blew my mind.

FIFY
Love the Geography, though.

My wife and I grew up when there was 20 million people there. It was a fantastic place to have a childhood. It all went down hill after the last 20 million moved in. It's my understanding population is now pushing 38 million.

We have a saying among ex-Californians-"you don't know how much it sucks.....until you leave".

When I was a kid in the '50's living in New Jersey California was the magical land.
When I was in the Marines in the mid 60's I finally got to experience it and it was all I thought it would be.
Sadly no more.

I was born in SF [1953] and left the Bay area in 2000. Growing up in Millbrae then moving to San Bruno was wonderful. Actually amazing.

It's hot in Los Gatos today, almost 110*. Hot? Yes. Beautiful day!
I am so grateful, so happy the fires are under control.

I love it here.

Back