Don't make me do it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I come from a land downunder

20W-50 reigns supreme.

Anyway, back during the REAL thick/thjin debates, I ran a 20W-70 over winter (-7C) and had nothing much to report other than a 3MPG drop over the 20W-50. Then ran 30weight over half a summer (sold the car, and they ran another 20 months on the Pennz HD30 without my knowledge).

Since BITOG, I have accepted 40 weights, without losing my thick heritage.

I'm on 6 month oil changes on my 4Runner (12 months on M1 0W-40, short trips, and 2500km convinced me that was wrong).

I'm thinking that cold months are coming, and Pennzoil 10W-30 SL is $2/L cheaper than Delo400.

I'm thinking...of using...my first...ever...30 weight multigrade.

And not for experimental purposes, 10W-30 winter, and Longlife Summer.

Your fellow Aussie men will look at you like you were a checkered shag on a rock.
wink.gif

Fret not, Shannow. Eventually your fellow countrymen will accept you for your "out of the closet" behavior.

If any of them are station owners ...don't be surprised if they keep a closer watch on the livestock when you're around.

You can always point out to them that 20w-50 makes the same rainbow that 10w-30 does when a drop of it hits a puddle of water
grin.gif

Summers around here can get close to 100 degrees F. I run a summer mixture of Havoline 10W-30 and Delo 400 15W-40 dino juice. Usually a 50/50 mix but I'm going to try 3 quarts 10W-30, then top off (1 to 1 1/2 qt.) Delo this time. Winter I use Havoline 10W-30.

Well it's done.

Pennzoil Semi-synth 10W-30 went in this afternoon...still wondering why my beer now has a little pink umbrella in it (hope the guys don't notice).

BTW, I could have picked up Longlife15W-40 for $20/5 litre. Thats, about $10 off. (maybe a 50:50 will be my summer blend)

sgtgeek, yup, I had to strap the drain pan to the open hood and open the fill hole to drain it.

I got 5 ltires for $30 bucks (their computer was down, and $50-$32.99 was a bit hard).

The good thing with the 4Runner is that you just upend the container and pour it all in.

First thing I noticed as that there was no back-up in the funnel, something I've never seen before.

That's still at least $6 per litre. Pennz Blend in my home town right now is $3.29 per quart. Why do you suppose the oil is so expensive in Australia?

Currency exchange and probably keeping their trade debt a little more realistic instead of just selling "future paper" to fund continued flow of goods.

First thing I noticed as that there was no back-up in the funnel, something I've never seen before.

pat.gif
I never knew it could do that!!
grin.gif

I'm sorry, Shannow. You've really provided some mild chuckles here. Thanks much for sharing your lubrication "cultural corruption".
smile.gif

Gary,
I was thinking of the Iron Maiden song "When to worlds collide" while pouring, and at the end of the bottle was thinking of Leo Sayer's "Atlantic Crossing".

I've been out and performed an LTLS (Low Temperature Low Shear) test and found that the 30 weight seems to be fit for purpose.

(paraphrased from obiwan kenobi as he spoke to luke)

"You've taken your first step into a new world."
grin.gif

30 weights. They're not just for door hinges anymore.

No real men use light oil
tongue.gif

Similar 20w 50 trivia goes along here traditionally... it was in the dirving courses! I used to got out of this with "well... my user manual". However, I liked the Gary's rainbow test more.

ikeep, depending upon where you put the punctuation, that statement has several, different connotations:
No, real men use light oil
No real men, use light oil
No real, men use light oil
No real men use, light oil
No real men use light, oil

Sure... May be it was all what being discussed?
grin.gif
Or shall we include Freudian viscoelasticity, and oedipus complex tribology to the literature? Is funnel a phallic referance?
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back