Don't have any engine oil? Put some diesel fuel in your crankcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't really sure where to put this.

I mean, a Crown Vic is a passenger car and the diesel fuel is acting as a lubricant, so maybe Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Vehicles? However, if it's using diesel fuel as engine oil, does that make it Heavy Duty engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel Vehicles?

It is certainly engine oil related, so Off Topic is probably the worst place to put it, but whatever.

What I want to know is where these YTers get their money. This guy spends it like it's water. He rented Bristol Motor Speedway recently and had a 100 lap Crown Vic race for other TYers. Can't believe it all comes from his clicks. Another YTer bought a Blackhawk helo, had it refurbed and is getting his ratings. He buys crazy expensive heavy equipment like we buy oil filters.

What I want to know is where these YTers get their money. This guy spends it like it's water. He rented Bristol Motor Speedway recently and had a 100 lap Crown Vic race for other TYers. Can't believe it all comes from his clicks. Another YTer bought a Blackhawk helo, had it refurbed and is getting his ratings. He buys crazy expensive heavy equipment like we buy oil filters.
Garrett (Cleetus) is a pretty good businessman. Prior to his YT career, he was actually in law school, not that lawyers make good businessmen but he's far from the Humpty dumpty persona he puts on in his videos.

Merch, sponsorships, marketing, supporters (Patreon), more money in that than the YT clicks.

I can state with absolute authority that it CAN "get you where you need to be"...better than running out of everything.
My cousin, many many years ago was after a lfe change (usual reasons), and was moving two states away, in a clapped out Toyota Corona (late 70s vintage), which was a horrific oil waster with huge blowby etc. ... when about 400km from his destination, he decided that the car was gonna be wrecked anyway, he'd overfill the sump with diesel every station that he came to with a flickeing oil light.

He made it...the car got sold...

Daily driver/keeper ???

No way.

Mark Weins (fairly OK food YTer) makes $23k a month.
That blackhawk dude is half of what used to be diesel brothers...they used to make "unique" vehicles, and raffle them (or give the winner $100k cash if they didn't want the truck)...I think that's where the money was there.

Told to me by a mechanic who worked on Gardiner diesel engines - at an industrial show in South Africa in the '60's, and there was a Gardiner engine hanging from a chain that ran non stop for the 2 or 3 days. There was no onboard fuel tank, and no fuel supplied by any other means...the question was asked, how was it running. The answer was it was running on it's own sump oil.

Merch and brand deals are the big money source. YT adrev is a bonus

Shirt blanks are
Every single ad for SimpliSafe, Raycon, (Insert Mobile Game here), Ship Station, Hello Fresh, AG1, etc. content creators insert in their videos are another couple thousand in the bank account if the video gets decent views. Plus, all of the product placement. If a content creator highlights a specific brand or part, they most likely got paid for it

I wasn't really sure where to put this.

I mean, a Crown Vic is a passenger car and the diesel fuel is acting as a lubricant, so maybe Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Vehicles? However, if it's using diesel fuel as engine oil, does that make it Heavy Duty engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel Vehicles?

It is certainly engine oil related, so Off Topic is probably the worst place to put it, but whatever.

6:17 ☹

You mean all you thin oil lovers aren't agreeing with this? You're all about the new 0W8 and 0W16 oils and can't wait to try them! Why not try diesel fuel! Ultimate thin oil for maximum economy in your Yaris!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back