Don't feed the trolls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our good hosts here at BITOG have made it clear that religion/sex/politics do not belong on the Board. I heartily agree. There are other places for that stuff, and the number of such topics that have had to be "locked" are now quite few.

However, there are still some topics that get started that "are on or over the line", and quickly fall over the edge into the realm of prohibited topics.

As a veteran of the news groups on Usenet, the posting of such off topic provocative threads there is called "trolling", and participants are often urged to ignore such topics....leading to the phrase "Don't feed the trolls".
nono.gif

So, I ask my fellow BITOGers, before you satisfy the urge to respond to such prohibited, provocative topics, please lie down and think pleasant thoughts about things like Mobil 1 Truck and SUV, German Castrol, clearance sales at AutoZone, etc., until the urge passes
cheers.gif

Sometimes it's a thin line.

Some posts are just obvious trolls - others are real subjects that happen to have a hard edge. I, for one , am for open discourse and the shutdowns should be reserved for personal hatreds, pure name calling, etc.

I agree with Pablo.
bowdown.gif

Anyway, instead of banning alleged trolls, why not just by a big ole billy goat?
(Apologies to anyone to 'mature' to remember kid's stories.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back