Donaldson Elf/Dbl 7349 on 5.9 Diesel

So I was looking to do a 10k oci on the 03 5.9 cummins with T6 15w40 rotella. I currently have one on now and it has helped the oil color stay cleaner longer for the truck (3k miles so far and its still not pitch black while others would be a lot sooner, using standard delvac 15w40), or maybe its something else.

My question is that since its a full flow filter with no antidrain back valve would this cause issues for a 10k run if it supposedly gets clogged with contaminants?
I have only gone 3k so far with the blue DBL right now with no issues, I do know that these are basically the best spin on filters for these trucks (low micron rating at a high %) before I get into the fleetgaurd mini bypass filter that is also a spin on.

No, I've used them for 10k runs on my 6.7L. Looked fine, could easily go 15k or more IMO.

I've read somewhere they are good to 25k, never tried it myself though.

I think you mean bypass valve. There is a bypass in the engine block or the oil filter adapter.

Looked fine, could easily go 15k or more IMO. I've read somewhere they are good to 25k, never tried it myself though.

This is VERY easy to believe.
That filters uses a woven synthetic media with TONS of media filtration "depth" ...

You won't ever plug one unless there was a catastrophic internal engine failure of some kind.
25K miles of use on a healthy engine would be a cakewalk. The same filter media goes for 250,000 or more on semi-trucks.

When you are done your 10k run cut open the filter and post the pics here. Sounds like it's easily doable unless that engine was previously abused and oil changes neglected.

When you are done your 10k run cut open the filter and post the pics here. Sounds like it's easily doable unless that engine was previously abused and oil changes neglected.
[/QUO

Here's my last two 10k run's I did on DBL7349 for reference:

Here's my last two 10k run's I did on DBL7349 for reference:

Thanks.

Back