Dollar tree has premix coolant now

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20160103_135354_223_zps3ujvqpov.jpg

14 oz for $1.

You know what? It's cool for top offs. I don't know any specs, probably dexclone/ universal. But people who need to top off don't want to buy a whole gallon of 50/50. Packaging alone makes this a win.

An entire line of quality car care products!

I do wish they offered coolant in smaller 50/50 containers like that, now that factory fills are good for extended periods of time buying a gallon at a time isn't necessary for most people.

I wouldn't trust any of it.VOAs would need to be done,and even then I wouldn't put the coolant in just any vehicle...

Sounds like conventional green, they don't list an MSDS for it, who knows? Unless I had a leaker, in winter, & it was an emergency, I wouldn't chance it.

Speaking of Dollar Tree, be careful of which wall calendar you buy. Some of them will have the hole punched off center, so when you hang it up on the wall, it hangs crooked.
grin2.gif

It is convenient in terms of size, volume and cost. Too bad it isn't a more specific fluid...

Better ?

Why would anyone on this board buy auto supplies at Dollar Tree other than being stranded in Nowhere USA
21.gif
33.gif

In 2005 the semi syn 10w30 phillips tropartic quarts for $1 were the best thing in the store.

I went in to look for the 1/3 of a quart motor oil and saw this. Looks like plain old green coolant. If only it was concentrated then it would be of some value.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
In 2005 the semi syn 10w30 phillips tropartic quarts for $1 were the best thing in the store.

You've got that right.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Hopefully its better than their outdated oil

Their oil meets the not-outdated SN standards
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Hermann
Better ?

Why would anyone on this board buy auto supplies at Dollar Tree

There are an unbelievable number of cheapskates on this forum.

(not referring to the original poster, just the forum in general)

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Speaking of Dollar Tree, be careful of which wall calendar you buy. Some of them will have the hole punched off center, so when you hang it up on the wall, it hangs crooked.
grin2.gif

My wife bought a dollar store calendar and it had an April 31st. Luckily, May was correct and May 1 started on the correct day.

I use the AutoZone universal for my cars and have some of that leftover.

It would be pretty cool to buy all your fluids at the dollar store and see how well they worked.

Seems if they would be getting this at dollar tree they would not be driving a new car. In fact they might be driving a bit older car that has had regular ethylene glycol coolant in there. Ethylene glycol is a pretty common thing to be loaded on a ship and sent from China for cheap. So common we have heard of it being mixed in cough syrup and other things where it can kill people. I'd bet a dollar it is real coolant of the typical mass produced variety. Coolant in your rad is about half or more water, and the "top-off" or "keep it at the line" idea for a little bottle makes sense in that regard, as some (water) does "evaporate" between (cheapskate) coolant changes, especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back