Dollar Tree brand lubricant spray/penetrating oil

It comes from their in-house TOOL BENCH brand and it costs ONE dollar. What more to say? Is it even worth reading the label when you just grab and toss it into your shopping basket without thinking?

Has anyone used it and is it even worth my time to continue writing this when I should be asleep?

Last edited:
I have to agree that you go in there and you think you're getting a good deal but it's all more than a dollar and ends up being more expensive than Walmart.

Food 4 Less is the only store I've seen around where food costs less than Walmart. The only store.

Judging by the price, might be as ineffective as water.. have to use the whole can maybe for what one squirt of PB would do, that stuff stinks.

I am not sure I would waste the money on the can. Enter the debate on the uses for WD-40..

Last edited:
When they were sold out of toilet bowl cleaner at all the other stores recently, the dollar tree was like the only place I could find any, $1 for a 16oz bottle of Lime-a-way brand cleaner was a pretty decent price, but there's plenty of things in there that aren't priced very well.

I like the Dollar tree for convivence when I need something now and don't have time to travel 15 miles to Walmart. Would I do
an oil change buying oil from DG , no. Would I get a qt of oil if I needed to top off a relatives car visiting, yes.

Last time I was at my Dollar Tree they didn’t have a space for it so I asked an employee and I said you know the stuff like WD40 and she looked at me and says I have no idea what that is. I said it’s a spray like a lubricant and she’s like uh did you check where the soaps and stuff were so I just gave up after that lol 😂. Went to the other Dollar Tree and they didn’t have it either maybe it varies based on area.

When they were sold out of toilet bowl cleaner at all the other stores recently, the dollar tree was like the only place I could find any, $1 for a 16oz bottle of Lime-a-way brand cleaner was a pretty decent price, but there's plenty of things in there that aren't priced very well.
Chemistry is no secret and they've known how to make toilet bowl cleaner for 100 years now. The idea that the same stuff sells for $4 at a food store is not an indication of quality-- it's that the food store is overcharging by three bucks.

It's generally recognized that WD40 doesn't do any particular thing very well, but darn if a thin oil in an aerosol can isn't convenient. So, it sounds like, is this stuff.

Chemistry is no secret and they've known how to make toilet bowl cleaner for 100 years now. The idea that the same stuff sells for $4 at a food store is not an indication of quality-- it's that the food store is overcharging by three bucks.

It's generally recognized that WD40 doesn't do any particular thing very well, but darn if a thin oil in an aerosol can isn't convenient. So, it sounds like, is this stuff.
They really don't overcharge for toilet bowl cleaner at the store, it's usually less than $2 for a 24 or 32oz bottle of hydrochloric acid gel toilet bowl cleaner at most stores, but they just couldn't keep it on the shelves last year, I ended up finding out no one had hit up the dollar stores and stocked up on the lime-away.

My buddy who helps me work on my mustang behind the dollar tree told me it's the same thing as wd40.
It's not, it's more of a foam spray lube. It does a great job of coating metal with a thin layer. It does a better job of lubricating than WD-40 IMO, but would probably not do near as well as WD-40 at water displacing.

I bought 2 more bottles of the Dollar Tree spray lube today.

Supertech spray lube IMO is virtually identical to WD-40.

The field behind my property is being prepped for watermelons this year, after being pasture for the last 10. Due to the influx of transient workers nearby, I've decided to start locking my garage/shop bay doors (again). The locks have been sitting sitting on the concrete just outside the wall of the garage for several years getting rusty.

Long story short- a couple of sprays into the locks with Dollar Tree lube and they are working like new.

Back