Dollar General

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I've been in DG in a while, went to the Automotive aisle. Saw a couple of interesting things.

First off, the house brand Warren/Unilube they have is now SH rated. Before all they had was the "Approved for gasoline engines" donut on the back. Wasn't there a law passed a while back that required Oil manuf. to state the SAE rating? they still had the ND 30 and 10w40 weights.

Also now they carry STP motor oil and transmission fluid. The tranny fluid is Dex III/Merc with the H spec. The oil is 10w30 and 10w40 SM rated and it doesn't look like it's made by WPP. It's a dark red bottle that kind of looks like a Maxlife quart. Has anybody used this? At 1.35 a quart it has the potential of becoming my new Havoline.

quote:

Originally posted by kingrob:

First off, the house brand Warren/Unilube they have is now SH rated. Before all they had was the "Approved for gasoline engines" donut on the back.

Was "Mr. Sandman" playing over the intercom?

quote:

First time I've been in DG in a while, went to the Automotive aisle. Saw a couple of interesting things.

First off, the house brand Warren/Unilube they have is now SH rated.

Who is rating it SH? SH rating no longer exists as a valid rating.

quote:

Was "Mr. Sandman" playing over the intercom?

Nope. I think it was "Smoke on the Water".
smile.gif

quote:

Who is rating it SH? SH rating no longer exists as a valid rating.

SH — Obsolete — For 1996 and older engines.

I take it back, it was the SF rating, 1988 and before.

quote:

Also now they carry STP motor oil... The oil is 10w30 and 10w40 SM rated and it doesn't look like it's made by WPP. It's a dark red bottle that kind of looks like a Maxlife quart. Has anybody used this? At 1.35 a quart it has the potential of becoming my new Havoline.

Sounds like a good VOA canidate.

I guess at $1.35/qt, "dollar general" loosely follows the "dollar store" charter?
dunno.gif

Coming soon to compete with the incredible shrinking hershey bar: The "pint and a half" bottle of oil to meet the $1 price point.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back