Dog Toilet on wheels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They make sprays to protect shrubbery. Check a lawn and garden for them. If they work on tires, please share your success here.

Anti dog running loose rant.

From the instruction book a dog guide school puts out for people that raise puppies for them, ''Loose running dogs are illegal in most places and irresponsible everywhere.'' I hang out at a number of question and answer sites as a dog expert. There are a continual stream of people complaining about other people's dogs that are allowed to run loose. Most dogs that are allowed to run loose eventually get killed. In some cases it is a rifle bullet. They foul other people's lawns, spill garbage, attack other pets, menace children, spread disease, breed, etc. Nobody, that cares about their dog or other people, lets their dog run loose. If you can identify the owner, you could suggest they clean your wheels.

Feel free to complain to the local authorities about dogs running loose. You aren't being a trouble maker, the people with the dogs are. If there isn't a leash law in your area, ask your officials why not.

Also if somebody has a dog on the leash whizzing on your car, feel free to deck them.

I have a similar problem but with cats pissin on my shiny alloy rims, and if you ever had a male cat, you know how badly that stuff stinks. And when I turn on my fan, I can smell this stuff in the cabin as well.

I bought some anti-cat spray at a pet store, but I'm scared to spray my rims with it - afraid it'll just cause more harm to the wheel finish - so I just spray the ground directly around the wheels. It works for a day or two and when it rains it's gone.

You can probably get something similar for dogs.

buy spinners for your wheels, then they won't want to pee on em cause of the motion, plus, you'll have cool looking wheels!
grin.gif
wink.gif

SPRAY TIRES WITH HOUSEHOLD AMMONIA. IT IS VERY INEXPENSIVE SO YOU MAY USE IT MORE OFTEN. I HAVE USED IT ON GARBAGE CANS TO KEEP ANIMALS AWAY. ONE SNIFF AND THEY LEAVE QUICKLY.

labman,
we've that very same "rampant dogs" issue here.

My dogs stay in my yard.

In two instances (multiple occurences in each instace), we've had Rotty/Pigdog cross mongrels leap the fences into our yard, and steal my dogs food, digging the yard, snarling at the better half etc.

Council would send the ranger around, and the dogs, having previosuly bee caught leap back over the fence (guess what my Husky cross learned from that ??).

Anyway, after many complaints to the council (with answers like "well it's no longer in your yard, what's your issue ?"), it would appear that the real estate agent managing the property got wind of dogs in a rental, not allowed dogs.

Problem dog and its owners disappeared really quickly.

Poor bugger who owned the home had to replace the carpets, some floor boards etc etc.

Asteroid, just hook your wheels up to a 240V supply (or maybe an electric fence controller for reduced lethality). They won't **** again.

I actually think fence jumping is learned. We put up a 42'' fence in 1973. Held our dog fine until the terrible winter of 1977 when he could walk over the fence. Spring came, and he was still going over the fence. I installed a 5' fence here a few years ago. Lined it with flagstone. So far no dog has gotten out if I remembered to close the gate. No males got in to visit females in heat.

Huskies are great dogs. Biggest trouble is that they are smart enough to know exactly what you want, but know how to get what they want without doing it.

Labman,
I've spent the last 12 years with an elkhound, and the last 4 with the husky cross (samoyed).

Both amazingly intelligent dogs. The elkhound will dob herself in at every transgression, by greeting you with ears and tail down, then walking to the site of the latest dug up flower.

(fixed digging with mousetraps. Set a few of them around for a few days, then just leave them sit unset where you don't want them to go)

I agree with you that fence jumping is learned.

We had a fence around 3' high for years. The dogs would stand against it for pats from passers by, and never worried about jumping it.

We only had to go higher when other dogs started getting in.

I have used mousetraps for years to protect stuff on tables and counters, but never outside. This is more effective with some dogs than others. One bad experience
getting snapped is enough to make some dogs leave things on the table or counter
alone. Dawn never went near the potatoes again after finding a mousetrap in them once. Others become adept at taking things without setting the mousetrap off.
I once tied a mousetrap to a cracker with a string. Lucky was very surprised
when the mousetrap came down too. Nugget learned that mousetraps only have one snap. He would nip at one until he set it off. Then he would prance off with his prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back