Doesn’t someone here work at the Arlington GM plant?

I’ve been looking at replacement Suburbans/Yukon XLs lately and it is slim pickins like many manufacturers with the chip shortage. I thought someone here works at the GM Arlington plant that makes these. I’m curious what is being produced or if they are stockpiling them somewhere waiting on a chip. I’d like air suspension and power running boards but that seems to be a combo that isn’t available on the build and price screen anymore.

The new Tahoe was really selling here and many places … seems it’s always been a good seller in the first two years of a design change … lots of folks trade them for another …

A family friend went out last week to buy a new Tahoe, they were told sorry, we don’t have any. I seriously can’t believe this chip thing is happening. It’s nuts.

And most people know nothing about it.

I've seen a few reports of new 6.2's having lifter failures on a Chevy site. Under 7k mile Subs and Tahoe's.
I'm driving my '11 with AFM delete at least another year. Must have been a bad batch of lifters in the mix.

I drove by on the way to the DFW airport. Parking lot was packed. I imagine it was employees cars.
Just let me know when I can be of so much help.

Suburban High Country with High Country Deluxe package
Yukon XL Denali with Denali Ultimate package

The problem is they aren’t building any Denali Ultimates currently from what I’ve read. Same goes for the Yukon AT4, those could be had with air and power running boards but not anymore. Z71 Burbs didn’t have power running boards, which I can live with and she doesn’t like the high country front end. I’ve used the inventory search and called dealers within 500 miles. They are either in transit with an unknown delivery date, sold already but not updated on the site or they’ve got a markup which I’m unwilling to pay. I’ll just wait for $4 gas and the chips to get caught up next year and get these for $10k off sticker like in the past (hopefully). Of course our current Yukon will probably not have the inflated value either so some of it might be a wash.

I drove by on the way to the DFW airport. Parking lot was packed. I imagine it was employees cars.
Just let me know when I can be of so much help.

Hopefully GMBoy was one of the cars you saw there building more of these things! Hopefully he sees this and can report what’s actually being built and if they are storing them somewhere or shipping them. The dealers I’ve spoken with don’t have a clue what is coming in or when which makes me think they’re storing them somewhere. The Wentzville plant is not too far from me where they make the Canyons/Colorados and maybe vans still. They are storing thousands of trucks at a nearby quarry.

I don't work for GM, but am an embedded software engineer who writes control system software for construction equipment.

Chip shortage is hurting us badly. We've had to change chips and I've spent the better part of over half a year porting software to new hardware (chips).

Any questions maybe I can possibly help answer.

Toyota plant (Tundra) in San Antonio is moving to the Sequoia. Tundra may be build in Mexico.

Plant is very slow, my neighbor works there he picked up a couple part time jobs to make ends meet. Parts shortages.

There are some mentions of Arlington in this article, along with the overall environment:

Those vehicles parked at that quarry will be filthy. Wonder if it will damage the new paint to be extremely filthy for a few months?

Back