Does your area descend into MADNESS on Super Bowl Sunday?

Asking for general interest. I am probably taking one of my long Interstate trips today, and I usually hear the same tired old thing from the people familiar to me (predictable father, etc..) Oh, you shouldn't drive on Super Bowl Sunday, all the drunks are out.

Now, that doesn't bother me at all.. some good defensive driving, I can spot the bad drivers and police from a mile away, I have nothing to fear from either, so there is no "deterrent." If travel has to happen, then it will happen. I just wonder.. how extreme do things get where you are?

Is there increased police presence on the road?

Is there a parade, or mass party somewhere?

Does EVERYONE go to Popeyes this day?

How long does it last until?

It seems like the Rams *should* win this game. Comes down to technical ability (Rams) vs heart (Bengals) for me. Therefore, I will hold out a glimmer of hope Cinci and the Bengals take it. Otherwise, I will not be surprised in the least if the Rams win. I will not watch or listen to the game, but.. in today's day and age, some service you subscribe to or look at, maybe even here.. will tell you the outcome, either right after the event, or Monday morning, you'll know. Now, wouldnt that be something if they had their result, then had a month to adjust it to the desired outcome...

?

I love this post. And the game is finally free of the Tom Brady shadow.......

I'm not watching the game, just wondering how far some people take it.
Honestly, I wasn't even planning on watching it. I wish there were an Andy Griffith marathon on at the same time.
And, those of you that like that pathetic half time show they are having, 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮!

Honestly, I wasn't even planning on watching it. I wish there were an Andy Griffith marathon on at the same time.
And, those of you that like that pathetic half time show they are having, 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮!
I will not watch young women twerk and some act find a way to be disrespectful for 100 million dollars or so for 3.5 minutes of time... I gave up on it YEARS ago.

I just hope the game is better than 2014 Seahawks vs. ? At least in 2017 Superbowl, the Falcons got the ball snatched from their hands. So Brady did one thing...

1) It's AFTER the game ends you get the influx of drunks on the road so do be mindful.
2) Not everybody likes football so you've always had people who go out to possibly less crowded places.
3) With family scattered all over during the big holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years), something like a big game is a "lower pressured" gathering time...at least in my family.
4) Football never blew my skirt up. I pull for the underdog automatically. Go Bengals; Year of the Tiger.
5) Regarding "pathetic halftime shows", remember what Jean Shepherd (author/narrator of "A Christmas Story") said, "There are knobs on your TV and radio. Nobody's makin' you watch or listen to anything".

I’ll be watching and pulling for the Bengals. Not having a party but will smoke some ribs or grill some steaks for my wife and kids. Costco was so crowded yesterday when I tried to go I gave up. That’s my complaint about the Super Bowl, the shopping crowd at Costco since this thread is apparently a reason to crap on a football game nobody is required to watch.

Not really. I'm sure there will be plenty of watch parties. This is my favorite day of the year to run at popular exercise facilities as they're empty

Professional Football is not popular here, we don't even have a professional football team, most people could care less.
College football is HUGE and since moving here I can see why, more so that my daughter went to Clemson.

To me, its college games are more genuine down in the dirt young people striving to be their best without all this insane salaries ect ect... the communities here rally around all kinds of college sports. I have grown to like it, could care less about professional now.

Except maybe the halftime show if I even see that tonight, I don't mind watching young girls dance :eek:), I won't be watching the game, rather make it a special night grilling and watching a movie with the wife and dog.
I know I am different, I don't buy into the marketing and all the money the football industry makes off the public. Just not for me but then again, I know I am the "odd one" but not odd in my state. Kind of proud of that since moving here.

49er fans are still crying :ROFLMAO: the local Police and Highway Patrol said they will be out in full force, I only watch the game at kickoff, hate all the pre-game festivities.Brady will be the main topic and his retirement which couldn't come soon enough, hate the half-time shows especially this year, not into hip-hop or rap :poop:, will be grilling some ribeyes and chicken. ;)

I’ll be watching and pulling for the Bengals. Not having a party but will smoke some ribs or grill some steaks for my wife and kids. Costco was so crowded yesterday when I tried to go I gave up. That’s my complaint about the Super Bowl, the shopping crowd at Costco since this thread is apparently a reason to crap on a football game nobody is required to watch.
Oh come on, I know I don't have to watch it, I even said that if you read what I wrote.

Now it will be funny if the game gets canceled over a shortage of microchips...

Odd, it hasn't happened yet and you've already judged it. I figured comments like this wouldn't be heard until during or after, though I have already anticipated them from certain folks...

Back