Does the tornado reall work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if the fuel saving tornado that is just added to your air intake system really works or not. Especially on a 1989 chevy 1500 pick up.

27.gif

As a note, the reason the twin 2-liter bottle demonstration looks impressive is that it is dealing with opposing flows. The water in the upper bottle is trying to flow downward, while the air in the lower bottle is trying to flow upward. When they swish it around, they separate the flows and allow them to move more quickly. There is no opposing flow in an engine intake...

thanks for saving me $50 bucks cause i was about to buy that piece of junk. Any other gas saving devices or products i should know about?

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Auto-RX. Clean that engine and transmission.

ScanGauge for real-time feedback on your mileage efforts.

His car is too old for a ScanGauge. It won't have OBDII since those came after 1995.

One time I had a guy come into the shop with an electric one of those things. Called "Turbo 2000" and his air intake was cut out and this turbo [censored] thing was duct taped on, with two wires running around to another connection. He said "don't check the air filter, you might break that" I just laughed.

Originally Posted By: Dr_No
One time I had a guy come into the shop with an electric one of those things. Called "Turbo 2000" and his air intake was cut out and this turbo [censored] thing was duct taped on, with two wires running around to another connection. He said "don't check the air filter, you might break that" I just laughed.
LOL.gif

Not devices...driving style and vehicle maintenance.

Keep tires aired up
Keep air filter changed
Keep injectors flowing well with good fuel or cleaner
Keep plugs in good shape
Drive carefully and easy
Keep idle time and stops to minimum (zero mpg)
Synthetic fluids in all components can add a little

Last edited:
it is a SCAM....wasted $75 few years ago....couldn't agree more with ZZman......what they claim is that their product accelerates the speed at which the air enters into the air intake valve...which is not true...it actually blocks the passage hence allows less air flow

once known as twister....anyways lastly....it causes problem...it directs the air to center of the air filter (if u have a flat square/or rectangular shape filter)...so now instead of the whole air filters surface area filtering the air, only the center part gets to mainly filter...rest of the area doesn't get to filter much....

i figured this because every time i took my K&N air filter out to inspect...all the debris, dust, insects, mini stones were stuck in the centre...rest of surrounding area use to be clean....so MAD...flase claimers like these should be FINED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back