Does the MY Carfax DIY info show up on a Carfax check?

i have been inputting my DIY stuff like oil change and tire rotations into a MY carfax account. So do these show up when one does a carfax check on a vehicle?

one sure way to find out......I hope it does.
I used the site on my old car, and when i sold it, went to remove it from my "My Carfax" account, it sounded like it was going to delete everything i put in...

I've been curious about that, and where the car ended up, as after i traded it in, it never came up on the dealers website..
I say i've been curious, but not been curious enough to drop $40 on a carfax....

God I hope so, I’ve been inputting my stuff now after someone on here suggested I should. I’m not uploading receipts, but hey, if the person buying my next car doesn’t like the car or trust me? go buy something else.

I traded in a 2018 Outback recently and had documented all maintenance performed over the course of 3 years on MyCarfax. When I traded it in the dealership gave me a copy of the car's Carfax report and it did not have any of the records I personally added on it.

I think at best it can be used for personal record keeping and you can upload pictures of things like purchase receipts for oil, filters, etc.

I input all the records on CarFax and keep hard copies too written in a notebook with parts receipts. I would think it would show it.

Traded in my Ford January 2020 and none of my DIY maintenance was on the carfax when the dealer listed it. Luckily, the car was so unreliable and had so many recalls, it had about 16 “vehicle serviced” visits to the local dealer in under 90K miles so it got the Carfax “well maintained” tag. :)

I think at best it can be used for personal record keeping and you can upload pictures of things like purchase receipts for oil, filters, etc.
That's why I use it. Reality is, 95% of car buyers don't care what CarFax says unless there's been an accident.

Someone here told their story about their immaculately detailed service records notebook/folder that they proudly handed to the person that bought their car off of them. As I recall, the buyer just handed it back to them and said "keep it". They had no interest...

That's why I use it. Reality is, 95% of car buyers don't care what CarFax says unless there's been an accident.

Someone here told their story about their immaculately detailed service records notebook/folder that they proudly handed to the person that bought their car off of them. As I recall, the buyer just handed it back to them and said "keep it". They had no interest...

FWIW I think it could come in handy in the instance a warranty claim dispute occurs and you need something to source maintenance documentation from. At least that is the primary reason I am using it.

Yes, for your own records, no one else's. It's nice there. It even does a fairly good job of learning your driving and estimating mileage (it probably helps that I update the mileage on occasion) and will notify you when maintenance is coming due. You can also set it simply based on time as well.

If that was the case, people could input timing belt and water pump change among a whole list of expensive service items just before selling their cars. It would be ripe for fraud.
I figured where it says...person did the service themselves (or something along those lines), then the person buying the car could decide for themselves if they believe that or not. Whereas if it’s not listed at all - despite you listing everything you did - seems like a bit of a waste to me.

Some others have said, well it does provide you the owner with a record and provides you with reminders, etc. So I guess that is something...not sure if I’m going to keep inputting stuff into it anymore or not.

Wait, what?? Well that stinks, here I am thinking I was doing something good for “resale value”. Guess not.
If there are not any accidents on the Carfax the rest doesn't matter. There are tons of stories on here about forum members trading in cars with a file folder full of receipts that go right in to the trash can. If you look at NADA or KBB there isn't a listing for a vehicle with a file folder of maintenance-same as carfax.. Again-assuming no accidents. The "quickie oil change paces" don't post on CarFax.

If there are not any accidents on the Carfax the rest doesn't matter. There are tons of stories on here about forum members trading in cars with a file folder full of receipts that go right in to the trash can. If you look at NADA or KBB there isn't a listing for a vehicle with a file folder of maintenance-same as carfax.. Again-assuming no accidents. The "quickie oil change paces" don't post on CarFax.
For me, I love seeing regular oil changes in a Carfax and it is a very rare Occurrence anyway. So I guess in the end it really doesn’t matter with my car - in all honesty I’ll probably keep the car past 200,000 miles anyway - at that point no one is going to care about my maintenance records I suppose

For me, I love seeing regular oil changes in a Carfax and it is a very rare Occurrence anyway. So I guess in the end it really doesn’t matter with my car - in all honesty I’ll probably keep the car past 200,000 miles anyway - at that point no one is going to care about my maintenance records I suppose
I feel the same. I stopped keeping track on my Prius after 150k. I figured that the condition of the vehicle will speak for itself if I am reselling at the 250-300K range.

I feel the same. I stopped keeping track on my Prius after 150k. I figured that the condition of the vehicle will speak for itself if I am reselling at the 250-300K range.
There's some stories of those Prius's going 500-700k miles. You ever have any battery issues? That would factor into when I planned to trade in/get rid of a Prius and cut the cord.

There's some stories of those Prius's going 500-700k miles. You ever have any battery issues? That would factor into when I planned to trade in/get rid of a Prius and cut the cord.
I am at 9.5 years/214k now, no active issues, but there have been signs of battery deterioration for the last few years. In the last few weeks I have seen the rapid-cycling occur twice, which is a sure sign that the end is near. I fully expect to be replacing the battery soon. Local dealer quoted me $2300 (wholesale) for the new pack.

In most climates I expect the failure rate to rise significantly after 7/150k. Most of the high-mileage stories are from taxicabs running 60-100k/yr and are not representative of the typical customer's duty-cycle.

Back